G Purvis

G Adams

C Nolan

F Enosch

F Lubin

G Calhoun

G Samuel

S Casell

That is team that should never worry about FT. The one thing we need our bigs to learn this summer is post moves--thats a critical component. Get used to taking a 12 footer and get good post position and make a solid play. We need that. We have the size to pound teams inside and the explosive backcourt to blow teams away.

Reaction Score
C_Brimah

F Facey

F Hamilton

G Purvis

G Adams

C Nolan

F Enosch

F Lubin

G Calhoun

G Samuel

S Casell

That is team that should never worry about FT. The one thing we need our bigs to learn this summer is post moves--thats a critical component. Get used to taking a 12 footer and get good post position and make a solid play. We need that. We have the size to pound teams inside and the explosive backcourt to blow teams away.

No we don't

Reaction Score
Enosch is coming back?

I could see Enoch being a backup to Facey.

Reaction Score
Scrappy you should apply for a job at the ticket office. Ask for a commission when you do. You'll only have a one year window or shorter, but you could make a lot of loot.

Reaction Score
Can you promise at least that you'll start spelling Enoch correctly before the next season starts.

Reaction Score
Enosch is coming back?

I could see Enoch being a backup to Facey.
I think at the start of the season KF or PN will start but unless they make huge strides in their game I can see SE supplanting him in the starting lineup. He definitely has more offensive moves(post and shooting) than KF coming in and also a bigger body. Though we will have to see if he can translate these skills to the college game. Also, RL might be a wild card if he can improve his conditioning. Kind of the poor man's JA to the Poor Man's HT(AB). LOL.

Reaction Score
We have the size to pound teams inside
No. What we have are at least three front-court players (Brimah, Facey & Nolan) who can hit jumpers out to 16 feet. We should be using them not to pound teams inside, but to lift the defense above the foul line and open room for Rodney, Jalen & DHam to get to the cup.

Teams are forced to then either 1) give up the 1-v-1 opportunity at the rim, or 2) send a big man down to help, which opens up the aforementioned guys for open jump-shots on the drive-and-kick.

Reaction Score
If Terrance can develop some sort of jumper this offseason I'd rather have him start and bring Jalen's electricity off the bench. Would rather start 4 Jrs./1 So. if I could. TS should be taking 100s of jump shots every single day this summer.

Also Brimah should be eating 1 cheeseburger for every 1 jumper TSam takes this summer.

I've been saying all season that I thought next year's team is going to be better than this year's team, even without Boat. The team this year was so young (minus Boat) and you just can't win like that (unless you have someone named Kemba). Although this year was a let down, I am very excited for the future, especially to see what a Purvis/DHam/Adams (and maybe even Brimah) offensive punch will provide.

Reaction Score
If Terrance can develop some sort of jumper this offseason I'd rather have him start and bring Jalen's electricity off the bench. Would rather start 4 Jrs./1 So. if I could. TS should be taking 100s of jump shots every single day this summer.

Also Brimah should be eating 1 cheeseburger for every 1 jumper TSam takes this summer.

I've been saying all season that I thought next year's team is going to be better than this year's team, even without Boat. The team this year was so young (minus Boat) and you just can't win like that (unless you have someone named Kemba). Although this year was a let down, I am very excited for the future, especially to see what a Purvis/DHam/Adams (and maybe even Brimah) offensive punch will provide.
He has zero career 3-pointers in almost 80 games, so expecting him to magically develop a jump shot isn't going to happen.

Also, a freshman Jalen is gonna be better in every phase of the game. He'll be starting.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score

Terrence will not be a regular starter. Ever. And if he is, then we are in deep . 15 year old Jalen Adams is better than present Terrence Samuel.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
@scrappy2.0 PN will start over KF. He's shown the last third of the season to be the better player. KO employed this at the end of the season knowing that he was losing five fouls as a back up to AB. Next year with Enoch, KO is less likely to be afraid of using PN at the four than this year. SE can play the five.

Of course the lights could go on over the summer for Kentan and he figures things out both on the offensive and defensive end of the bb court, but at least AB and PN figured things out after the first full season of play which can't be said of Kentan.

Reaction Score

Like the other poster said if we have to rely on TS to start we are in deep trouble. In the college basketball landscape many freshman start and make a big impact in today's game especially when they are coming in with all the accolades that JA has. What I'm worried about is whose going to backup and be an extra ball handler on the club. Presently we don't have that and I have as much faith about TS becoming a good handler as I do for him becoming a decent shooter. None. LOL! I love the kid for what he is a non-scoring, slashing 2 gaurd who comes in for defense and giving RP a breather from time to time.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Scary thought. DHam puts on 15 lbs, we get another small forward who is really athletic. Then DHam, Brimah, Adams, Purvis, new exciting guy.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
With this regimen, Brimah will weigh 300 pounds before TSam is a reliable shooter.

Reaction Score

Ray Allen isn't doing anything
Not a bad teacher of the Jump shot
It's probably the easiest area of BB to improve . Form ,
Then repetition,

Reactions: caw
H

huskymagic

Kevin Ollie will be starting with from Day 1
1.) Jalen Adams 2.) Rodney 3.) D-Ham 4.) Nolan 5.) Amida

Now Steven Enoch and Rakim Lubin are interesting to see them next year and how they develop. Steven Enoch has the size, frame, and skill level to play right away so it will be interesting to see what happens in exhibition games to ascertain who will be a starter or not. Personally, I want to see this lineup:
1.) Jalen 2.) Rodney 3.) D-Ham 4.) Steven Enoch and 5.) Amida
This gives us 5 very good and skilled players with different attributes. This also gives us size and athleticism at every position.

Reaction Score
I hope AB starts the season on the bench...to much was handed to him this year because of the poor play by Nolan to start the season. I'm expecting Nolan to start at C.

Reaction Score
I don't believe Enoch will be ready. Hopefully Adams is because we desperately need him. Facey may surprise or not but I can see The Rock gradually factoring in if he can rebound and get some putbacks. There's competition up front among a very diverse set of skills. That could be good as long as we have someone to run the offense.

Reaction Score
I hope AB starts the season on the bench...to much was handed to him this year because of the poor play by Nolan to start the season. I'm expecting Nolan to start at C.
So we'll have the AAC's defensive player of the year start the season on the bench? Doesn't make sense.

Adams might not start the year at PG, but he will be the starting PG by mid-year. I don't think Enoch will get much PT either:

PG - Adams, Samuel
2- Purvis, Calhoun, Cassell
3- Hamilton
4- Facey, Lubin, Enoch
5- Brimah, Nolan

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
I'm optimistic for Kentan Facey. He has so much potential if he puts on weight.

Reaction Score
I'm optimistic for Kentan Facey. He has so much potential if he puts on weight.
Sorry guys but I'm higher on SE from what I have seen than hoping KF will find his game now. SE will be playing in the rotation for sure. You guys do realize we don't have anyone with a post move in the starting lineup. SE has a few so he will get playing time by default.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom