Lindsay Sherbert leaves Cal program | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lindsay Sherbert leaves Cal program

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I know! :p

Just gotta hope Rutgers will start a series with either ASU or UofA. ;)
Be proactive! Work with your alumni association to get it done. Good luck.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
The question is wherever Sherbert ends up will she get Iced or Creamed or both.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I'm in Tucson. Have become a U of A fan, but, lacking a "rivalry" feeling, do also like ASU as well (just as I was a Yankee / Giant fan in NY but also rooted for the Mets / Jets if there was no conflict).

Reportedly former UofA coach Joan Bonvincini was willing to play RU, just couldn't get it done. I doubt Coach Butts would want to, she appears to prefer playing the Little Sisters of the Poor.

ASU and Rutgers have a history - playing in the NCAA's, played regular season in the past (1st time I ever visited AZ), and also the game in a Carribean tourney that RU / ASU mutually called off (avoiding an ASU forfeit) when the sister? of an ASU player died there. Additionally, in the Imus affair, Coach Thorne of ASU spearheaded a published letter, signed by numerous ASU Prof's, supporting Rutgers. Lots of history, but in today's economy, would probably take at least 2 games to justify the cross-country flight.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I'm in Tucson. Have become a U of A fan, but, lacking a "rivalry" feeling, do also like ASU as well (just as I was a Yankee / Giant fan in NY but also rooted for the Mets / Jets if there was no conflict).

Reportedly former UofA coach Joan Bonvincini was willing to play RU, just couldn't get it done. I doubt Coach Butts would want to, she appears to prefer playing the Little Sisters of the Poor.

ASU and Rutgers have a history - playing in the NCAA's, played regular season in the past (1st time I ever visited AZ), and also the game in a Carribean tourney that RU / ASU mutually called off (avoiding an ASU forfeit) when the sister? of an ASU player died there. Additionally, in the Imus affair, Coach Thorne of ASU spearheaded a published letter, signed by numerous ASU Prof's, supporting Rutgers. Lots of history, but in today's economy, would probably take at least 2 games to justify the cross-country flight.

Or maybe Rutgers will play in Las Vegas again, since CVS likes to schedule "home" games for the seniors, and Las Vegas is Oliver's home city. :cool:

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Lots of Boneyarders (UConn fans and non-UConn fans alike) in Phoenix. We need to set up an Arizona chapter. :)

Are you going to put me on the Local Board? :)

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
With your seniority, you can be President.

That is true...I have been posting on the Boneyard since 2002, back when it was on the Rivals site (and I had to figure out how to customize the view)!

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
With your seniority, you can be President.
Whoah there!. Consider the ramifications.. Will he renounce his Duke fanship? Will he pledge allegiance to Geno?

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Whoah there!. Consider the ramifications.. Will he renounce his Duke fanship? Will he pledge allegiance to Geno?

I have a Boneyard pin, have been to a recent UConn football game (2011 Fiesta Bowl), have met HuskyNan and EricSanDiego in person, communicate with UCBart via text, and have been to UConn women's NCAA Tournament games. Let's have the Arizona folks put their resumes to the test. :)

Reaction Score
That is true...I have been posting on the Boneyard since 2002, back when it was on the Rivals site (and I had to figure out how to customize the view)!

A baby.

True 'Yarders recall the late 90s controversy around splitting off Women's BB into its own Forum.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
A baby.

True 'Yarders recall the late 90s controversy around splitting off Women's BB into its own Forum.
I found the board through Brett's UConn mail list in the mid- to late-90's when I was an at-home mom. It helped fill the days between naps (my young son's, not mine).

The combined men's/women's board was...interesting. The boards split in 2001, about a month before 9/11.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I can't put a year on it, but it was when Tom Emery requested donations - we chipped in.

Although never UConn fans and therefore only following WBB, our fondest memories were some of Fishy's posts in the day - the dirty onesie comes to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom