Lili Thompson out for season with torn ACL | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Lili Thompson out for season with torn ACL

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I specifically stated that I was talking about NON-CONTACT ACL injuries. Thus the protective knee braces are irrelevant - since they only protect from contact injuries and the high speed impacts are also irrelevant. But looking at the non-contact ACL tears, it is often the lighter players.
Sorry for missing that point. I believe non-contact injuries have more to do with DB/WR’s playing at higher speeds and making sharper cuts than lineman. Also would note that knee braces provide some protection against non-contact injuries as well. Of course, the problem is that they restrict the ability to run to a degree, something not as critical for the OL.

Reaction Score
Also would note that knee braces provide some protection against non-contact injuries as well.

There are many orthopedists who disagree with you. For example, the two orthopedists who did different ACL surgeries on my dauther, both of whom were team doctors for top college programs, both told me that a brace won't do anything to prevent a non-contact ACL tear. It helps with contact injuries and may help give an athlete more confidence to jump/cut at full speed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman
Top Bottom