OT: - L'il Nor'easter | The Boneyard

OT: L'il Nor'easter

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It's pretty bad in parts of south eastern Massachusetts. 400k without power. Trees down all over. Being a little further east than CT or RI seems to have had an impact.

Not sure how @Chin Diesel is aware of our leaf status in Florida, but our leaves are very late turning and dropping. About 2 weeks behind normal thanks to summer rain. So yes, some are now down, but many are still green.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
damn I thought this was going to be about a rapper on tiktok
It would a great rapper name. I may use it as mine.
It's pretty bad in parts of south eastern Massachusetts. 400k without power. Trees down all over. Being a little further east than CT or RI seems to have had an impact.

Not sure how @Chin Diesel is aware of our leaf status in Florida, but our leaves are very late turning and dropping. About 2 weeks behind normal thanks to summer rain. So yes, some are now down, but many are still green.
Yeah I think we dodged a bullet here. There are some major limbs all around as reminders of what could happen if you're in the wrong place at the wrong time. Last night there was a large one in the spot where I usually pee outside, and it made think how unpleasant (likely concussive) that would have been; and just now when I walked out to my car to pick up lunch there was a massive one less than a foot from my car that made me gasp and immediately look for where it might have hit my car. Thank God it appears to have missed everything, but that one would have killed a person and definitely would have caused thousands of dollars of damage if it hit a car.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

I suppose there will be fewer green leaves on the trees by tomorrow morning than there were Monday afternoon.

Reaction Score
every event of precipitation is over hyped by the crazy press

My dad is my weatherman. I enjoy how much he exaggerates the Sunday drizzle as the “perfect storm” movie. Sometimes I’ll send him a picture of a leaf on my deck letting him know our family is safe from the passing hurricane.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Yeah I think we dodged a bullet here. There are some major limbs all around as reminders of what could happen if you're in the wrong place at the wrong time. Last night there was a large one in the spot where I usually pee outside, and it made think how unpleasant (likely concussive) that would have been; and just now when I walked out to my car to pick up lunch there was a massive one less than a foot from my car that made me gasp and immediately look for where it might have hit my car. Thank God it appears to have missed everything, but that one would have killed a person and definitely would have caused thousands of dollars of damage if it hit a car.

The outside pee spot is kinda sacred. Glad it didn't knock off your richard.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Ladies and gentlemen… Put your hands together for… Lil Nor’easter!!
We Cookin Lets Go GIF by Joel Byars

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Should help with an early start to leaves falling. Good to top off the lakes, ponds and reservoirs as well.

Be safe.

We didnt need topping off. Thanks though.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
We didnt need topping off. Thanks though.

Reservoirs, lakes and ground soil are rarely too full.
Almost everywhere east of Mississippi is in a good spot for ground moisture and water levels.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Reservoirs, lakes and ground soil are rarely too full.
Almost everywhere east of Mississippi is in a good spot for ground moisture and water levels.

Not if your backyard is a long Island sound river/bog.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
8 hours no power today in southern RI. Not ideal but lots more have it worse than me today here. Wind was pretty nasty.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Thanks. On a aging septic system with three daughters and a wife, so every outside pee helps extend the time between pump-outs!
Are You Sure GIF by Monty Python

Reaction Score
Thanks. On a aging septic system with three daughters and a wife, so every outside pee helps extend the time between pump-outs!
Are you the one leaving "presents" in the neighborhood?

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Live in Scituate and my daughter in Cohasset and it was rough. My daughters neighbor;s tree fell against their house at 4 am and sounded like an explosion wiped out a fence and some damage to the house. The collapsed announcing booth at the high school football stadium made the national news. We dodged a bullet because we were away and the branches surrounded our car with not even a scratch! Funny though if you YouTube Scituate storm you will see the same waves breaking over houses at Sand Hill that were filmed years ago. We are still out of power though

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom