Like a Phoenix rising out of the ashes.................... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Like a Phoenix rising out of the ashes....................

Reaction Score
That's laughable. If UConn wanted to hire Petrino or Petino (not now of course with Hurley), I wouldn't care. I have no disillusions with what goes on in football, but there are some lines you can't cross, mainly assault or murder.

It's not who you are "deep down" that counts. It's what your actions are. I hate that expression, yeah he's a total scumbag, but deep down, a real sweetheart.
Those lines are crossed all the time in football. Again, maybe pick another sport.

Reaction Score
Those lines are crossed all the time in football. Again, maybe pick another sport.

That's a somewhat bizarre take, no? We're not talking about overlooking technical recruiting violations or allowing players to make politically incorrect jokes or wolf whistle at females. The line you were responding to was about assault and murder.

I'm not your pastor, but you may want to consider reevaluating your priorities in life.

Reaction Score
That's a somewhat bizarre take, no? We're not talking about overlooking technical recruiting violations or allowing players to make politically incorrect jokes or wolf whistle at females. The line you were responding to was about assault and murder.

I'm not your pastor, but you may want to consider reevaluating your priorities in life.
How does pointing out that football is an absolute cesspool have anything to do with my priorities?

The sport is an absolute cesspool where physical and s e xual assault are constantly overlooked and swept under the rug. I would be more than happy if the sport was done away with.

Seems you are the one who is okay with this status quo.

Reaction Score
So, you're suggesting you can't follow a sport unless you accept assault and murder. Got it.
I'm saying if you have a problem with assualt you should pick another sport to follow because football is rife with it. I'm personally done with it and would like to see the sport disappear.

I have a problem with moral posturing.

Reaction Score
I think Randy is 2-0 against him.

To think where this program used to be.......at the Rent the only reason UCONN didn't runaway with that game was a Big12 ref crew. I never complain about how a game is called, but this one was over the top. In any event, we got the W and Baylor was no physical match for the Huskies. Butler lit up RG3 and Deleston came up on a pass at the end of the first half and ended the evening for a Baylor receiver (big message).

The next year we went to Waco and gave them another physical beating with RG3 acknowledging how tough those UCONN teams were.

Now, we are about the most "polite" a football team as we could be. Ughhh!

Reaction Score

Yet you hold a grudge for how Randy Edsall decided to take another job?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I'm saying if you have a problem with assualt you should pick another sport to follow because football is rife with it. I'm personally done with it and would like to see the sport disappear.

I have a problem with moral posturing.

What I'm doing is calling out known offenders and saying I don't want them anywhere near our program and don't think they deserve a second chance.

I'm sure there are corrupt people in all sports and all walks of life (as you yourself mention in this thread). So what are you supposed to do - just give up on everything?

Reaction Score
Bet you think Joe Pa did nothing wrong too.
So you have to pull Joe Paterno into the discussion as well. My kids used to redirect when they were wrong, or spoke of something they knew nothing about. You can't have it both ways....either ESPN is the Gospel or they are full of , which is it?

Reaction Score
What I'm doing is calling out known offenders and saying I don't want them anywhere near our program and don't think they deserve a second chance.

I'm sure there are corrupt people in all sports and all walks of life (as you yourself mention in this thread). So what are you supposed to do - just give up on everything?
I take back everything I said prior to this. Had I known that you were the Moral Police, I would have kept my thoughts to myself.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The girls that went to the coaches are dumb. If you’re going to report a rape go to the police not a football coach or staffer
You never are really supposed to judge how people deal with trauma. Just a heads up.

Reaction Score
You never are really supposed to judge how people deal with trauma. Just a heads up.

Calling them dumb may not be the best choice of words, but what justice would anyone expect by not going to the authorities?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Calling them dumb may not be the best choice of words, but what justice would anyone expect by not going to the authorities?
When the authorities have a long standing track record of doing nothing but accusing the victim and sweeping it under the rug...

Reaction Score
When the authorities have a long standing track record of doing nothing but accusing the victim and sweeping it under the rug...

And the football coach can do what, exactly? Make the accused player say he is sorry? Promise the accuser that what she alleged to have happened will never happen again? Throw the player off the team without giving him his right to due process? None of those are acceptable, and certainly don't offer any sort of justice for anyone involved. I suppose the coach could go to the legal authorities and see how it proceeds from there, but other than that, I am not seeing how else it could play out.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
And the football coach can do what, exactly? Make the accused player say he is sorry? Promise the accuser that what she alleged to have happened will never happen again? Throw the player off the team without giving him his right to due process? None of those are acceptable, and certainly don't offer any sort of justice for anyone involved. I suppose the coach could go to the legal authorities and see how it proceeds from there, but other than that, I am not seeing how else it could play out.
Stop. Just..
44CE2565-2945-4D6A-9009-ED4B45AF6C86.gif

Reaction Score

Not the greatest HCRE1.0, HCREDreamJob1.0 or HCRE2.0 fan but to answer "and the football coach can do what exactly" question: just imagine what a HCRExxx would do in that situation (both in recruiting kids and reacting to circumstances) and I'd go with that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom