Lifted from VT CR board | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Lifted from VT CR board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Maryland works. We can be done at that point.

I'm not sure your point about the Sugar Bowl. Do you think Maryland lost 56-23 in the Orange Bowl to a champion from another league?

So it's settled: your mediocre ACC program is better than their mediocre B1G program.

Reaction Score
If Penn State could ever win in Charlottesville, we'd have a good discussion. But oh well. You'll just have to keep beating up on Maryland and Rutgers.

Your posts get worse by the minute, right now your posting like it's next month.

You should stop.

Reaction Score
So it's settled: your mediocre ACC program is better than their mediocre B1G program.
UVA's football program under Mike London has been worse than mediocre. It's been awful. But we have a new coach now, and he'll get a shot at UConn this year. We'll have to see if he can do better. He can't really do much worse.

Reaction Score
If Penn State could ever win in Charlottesville, we'd have a good discussion. But oh well. You'll just have to keep beating up on Maryland and Rutgers.

God I love when you post. Congrats on your two historic wins in Charlottesville over PSU. I hope they enshrined the game balls in The UVA Sports Museum. I mean a 20-14 win over arguably one of the worst Penn State Teams in 50 years(2001), and a dominating 17-16 effort against a team with >65 Scholarship Players, a walk on QB, walk on RB, and a freshman kicker who missed 4 field goals and an extra point. Heady times for The Hoos. While I enjoy beating up on UMD and RU, I await UVA's B1G Membership so we can get back the 2013 Game you guys jobbed us out of.

Reaction Score
God I love when you post. Congrats on your two historic wins in Charlottesville over PSU. I hope they enshrined the game balls in The UVA Sports Museum. I mean a 20-14 win over arguably one of the worst Penn State Teams in 50 years(2001), and a dominating 17-16 effort against a team with >65 Scholarship Players, a walk on QB, walk on RB, and a freshman kicker who missed 4 field goals and an extra point. Heady times for The Hoos. While I enjoy beating up on UMD and RU, I await UVA's B1G Membership so we can get back the 2013 Game you guys jobbed us out of.
I don't know how historic they were, but they were wins. I still thought we were going to play that other game, but I haven't seen anything about it lately. We need to recover from the last coach before it would ever be much to watch though.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
when-kids-fight1.jpg

Crimeny, that's it! The play date is over! Go home boys!

Reaction Score
I'm interested. Like I said earlier in this thread. I hope you get an invite to the Big XII.

So UVA is somewhat weak athletically. It's a great school that must respect UConn because it hired our President. What I would like and you should too is for both of us to be added to the B1G. That would lock up the entire northeast save the insignificant outposts of BC, Syracuse and Pitt. You know the ACC is doomed, so get the hell out.

Reaction Score
So UVA is somewhat weak athletically. It's a great school that must respect UConn because it hired our President. What I would like and you should too is for both of us to be added to the B1G. That would lock up the entire northeast save the insignificant outposts of BC, Syracuse and Pitt. You know the ACC is doomed, so get the hell out.
UVA is rather weak at the moment in football, and that overshadows the other athletic success. UVA won the Capital One Cup for Men's sports in 2014-2015, so if the football improves so will the perception. The rest of the department is doing well.

I hope UConn gets into the B1G if you want to be in the B1G. UVA is happy in the ACC. I'm not sure what locking up the northeast really means though. The Big East had that and couldn't make it work like you'd think it would. They had every school except Penn State.

Reaction Score
I can only provide a path to good ideas, I can't comprehend them for you.

Reaction Score
I can only provide a path to good ideas, I can't comprehend them for you.
We do have a football game coming up this fall in Hartford. Hopefully it will be a good one with a good crowd.

Reaction Score
Maryland works. We can be done at that point.

I'm not sure your point about the Sugar Bowl. Do you think Maryland lost 56-23 in the Orange Bowl to a champion from another league?

Maryland works? Wiki is your friend.

UMD V. UVA
All Time Record - UMD 44 UVA 32

UMD
634-574-43 (.524)
1 National Title
5 Undefeated Seasons
9 ACC Titles
11 Bowl Wins

UVA
642-585-48 (.522)
0 National Titles
1 Undefeated Season
2 ACC Titles
7 Bowl Wins

How exactly is Maryland objectively worse than UVA?

Reaction Score
Maryland works? Wiki is your friend.

UMD V. UVA
All Time Record - UMD 44 UVA 32

UMD
634-574-43 (.524)
1 National Title
5 Undefeated Seasons
9 ACC Titles
11 Bowl Wins

UVA
642-585-48 (.522)
0 National Titles
1 Undefeated Season
2 ACC Titles
7 Bowl Wins

How exactly is Maryland objectively worse than UVA?
If you want to discuss the records before I was born, you will come up with what you have come up with. Maryland has much glory back when Pittsburgh had glory. I focus on the recent 25 years when I was actually paying attention. I can't remember an undefeated season at UVA. No idea when that was. Maybe 1915. We may have just had the centennial.

We went over this too in this thread. Curly Byrd had a tremendous amount of success with Maryland athletics, especially football, prior to 1955. He built the football stadium that Maryland plays in.

Reaction Score
Hopefully you'll make it - good tailgating venue.
I had a few business meetings at Pratt & Whitney when that stadium was being built. I'd like to come see a game there. Didn't make it when UVA played there once before, but would like to in September.

Reaction Score
UVA is rather weak at the moment in football, and that overshadows the other athletic success. UVA won the Capital One Cup for Men's sports in 2014-2015, so if the football improves so will the perception. The rest of the department is doing well.

I hope UConn gets into the B1G if you want to be in the B1G. UVA is happy in the ACC. I'm not sure what locking up the northeast really means though. The Big East had that and couldn't make it work like you'd think it would. They had every school except Penn State.

Standard POS Southern Arrogance from an ACC tribe member.

You went and did it. And now you are weak. Sure a solid group of hoop teams (SEE Big East) ... but no network; and frankly, no hope of one. When the disparity (here he goes again) gets to $55m per University to the ACC $22m, then you will see leakage. In Econ 301 terms ... your Cartel is busted; you are going to see a few ACC seek higher ground. Regardless of G0R. Do you think there is any (ANY) honor from the gang you took - Pitt, BC, Miami or SU - or will you see honor amongst NC State or GaTech or FSU?

There has to be a great prize in locking up the Northeastern corridor. How do we know that? Just look at the effort being expended. And ... my view ... neither the Private school from Central NY or the little Zipcode school west of Brighton gets you much. A Public University would do far better.

UVA? When we fairly new at this, we played you. And you weren't all the impressive. Just ... meh. Your hoop? I will be curious to see if Tony Bennett ever breaks through.

Reaction Score
This is hilarious, but unsurprising seeing as this is how most UVA fans act. They argue in circles until finally they just claim that academics are more important than sports anyways. It'll get to that point I promise.

The contradictions here are great.

"I don't care about olympic sports" ... "Look how great our olympic sports are!!!"
"Ancient results don't matter." ... "We went to the 1991 Sugar Bowl!!!"

Re: Tony Bennett. He'll leave for a better program before he ever sniffs a Final Four at UVA.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Best UVa BB team in years and we won the whole thing coming out of their bracket.

Reaction Score
Standard POS Southern Arrogance from an ACC tribe member.

You went and did it. And now you are weak. Sure a solid group of hoop teams (SEE Big East) ... but no network; and frankly, no hope of one. When the disparity (here he goes again) gets to $55m per University to the ACC $22m, then you will see leakage. In Econ 301 terms ... your Cartel is busted; you are going to see a few ACC seek higher ground. Regardless of G0R. Do you think there is any (ANY) honor from the gang you took - Pitt, BC, Miami or SU - or will you see honor amongst NC State or GaTech or FSU?

There has to be a great prize in locking up the Northeastern corridor. How do we know that? Just look at the effort being expended. And ... my view ... neither the Private school from Central NY or the little Zipcode school west of Brighton gets you much. A Public University would do far better.

UVA? When we fairly new at this, we played you. And you weren't all the impressive. Just ... meh. Your hoop? I will be curious to see if Tony Bennett ever breaks through.

We aren't seeing that disparity. So it's not really worth worrying about it until we do. There may be a prize in locking up the Northeastern corridor. Mike Tranghese had it as locked up as you can get. He would be a good one to ask as to what that means. The ACC has never had the East locked up. So any part of it we add is more presence than we had before.

Reaction Score
Best UVa BB team in years and we won the whole thing coming out of their bracket.
Yes that was impressive. Unfortunately, we didn't get the opportunity to play.

Reaction Score
The numbers are right around the corner. Negotiations on the B1G Contract are drifting to public consumption; the SEC has a good notion what they are going to do. You are going to be significantly below those 2. And then what?

I don't think, given the mindset or attitude, the Universities in your conference will speak to loyalty; but, they aren't feeling tied to the Ol' ACC.

Reaction Score
So this started as a thread from a Michigan guy who copied a post from a VT CR board about a radio interview with the GT AD talking about the ACCN and now it’s progressed into an argument between a UVA guy and a Maryland guy over whose football sucks less. All this on a UConn CR board...this is why, as a Hoosier living in Texas, I'm a member of the Boneyard. : )

Reaction Score
Love you Hoosiers ... (and mostly, you cannot say you had better football than us). My best friend is IU.

Reaction Score
The numbers are right around the corner. Negotiations on the B1G Contract are drifting to public consumption; the SEC has a good notion what they are going to do. You are going to be significantly below those 2. And then what?

I don't think, given the mindset or attitude, the Universities in your conference will speak to loyalty; but, they aren't feeling tied to the Ol' ACC.
When we get around that corner, we'll take a look. For now and the foreseeable future, the gap would be immediately consumed by increased travel cost. So it's not any benefit. Not to mention having to play in regions we don't want to play in or have any history playing in regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom