Life without the "Bankster." | The Boneyard

Life without the "Bankster."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
In a short sentence: Winning Big Games will be a lot more difficult.

We need Bria Hartley to get her game back to stellar. Our pressure defense is seriously depleted.
Our 1/2 court defense is weakened. A key three point weapon is lost; and a player who can drive to the basket is lost.

And finally, some of UConn's "heart" is wounded. It's a sad day for the Huskies and their fans.

My biggest wish for Brianna is that she has a full recovery and will not lose any significant amount of her speed and athleticism. They are great assets that, if Brianna fully recovers, will someday earn her a place in the WNBA.

If Brianna is below par for some part of next season, we will have only 8 active players including Saniya Chong. She will have to grow up and master college basketball very quickly.

Yikes! UConn's one recruit class is getting very problematic. Sigh.

Reaction Score
Now everyone needs to step up to make up, or try to make up for the loss of Briana. That means Breanna, Moegan, Mo, and Kiah most improve. Also, Bria Hartley must start playing like the all-american she is, or was.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Yep - not the same impact as losing a key starter, obviously, but a big impact nonetheless. This will impact Mo directly, and she now has a lot more responsibility for the team's success. Everyone else will have to chip in as well, particularly Bria as mentioned.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
In her minute or so of play vs St. Johns, she played in such a manner as to make me stop worrying for Caroline's loss of athleticism and Bria's shooting woes.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
It's an opportunity for someone. I'd love to see Bria get back to form. But, collectively, the players need to fill the void. Things just got tougher.

U

UCONNfan1

We need Bria Hartley to get her game back to stellar. Our pressure defense is seriously depleted.
Our 1/2 court defense is weakened. A key three point weapon is lost; and a player who can drive to the basket is lost.

And finally, some of UConn's "heart" is wounded. It's a sad day for the Huskies and their fans.

My biggest wish for Brianna is that she has a full recovery and will not lose any significant amount of her speed and athleticism. They are great assets that, if Brianna fully recovers, will someday earn her a place in the WNBA.

If Brianna is below par for some part of next season, we will have only 8 active players including Saniya Chong. She will have to grow up and master college basketball very quickly.

Yikes! UConn's one recruit class is getting very problematic. Sigh.
Well phrased. 8 active players assuming the rest of them are all healthy. Given the plethora if injuries and illnesses this season, it's likely the team will have even less players. The staff is unfortunately paying the price for the small recruiting classes...

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

All true. We'll have to see how the team responds. They may rally together, a "win won for Banks" attitude.

My biggest worry also. How will she come back. Her game is mostly based on athleticism. Hopefully she can return like Greene did.

I think Pope will be back next year which will give us another body, another guard no less, that can be used to some extent. How much she helps??? not sure. We lose 3, but gain 2.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
The Pope is too old, was certified to be the wrong gender by inspection, and he can't go to his left.

..but, exceptionally good at going to his right..:rolleyes:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The Pope is too old, was certified to be the wrong gender by inspection, and he can't go to his left.
You implying "The" Pope is missing this year?? :cool:

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
From Rich Elliott's blog posted yesterday evening:

"Here is what Auriemma said regarding Banks’ reaction when he told her the extent of her injury …
“Like you would think, like any kid who all of a sudden just comes face to face with the fact that my season’s over and that everything that I did in August, September, October, November with the hopes that March is when I get that reward that every kid wants,’’ Auriemma said. “And now that’s gone. So, obviously, she was really, really, really upset about it.’’"
and her partner in crime had this to say:
“It’s extremely disappointing,’’ UConn freshman Moriah Jefferson said. “She is probably one of the closest people I am to on the team. We have all these inside jokes and things on and off the court. So seeing her go down stinks. I know that she’s trying to stay positive, but anytime that happens to anybody you get a lot of discouragement. So I think I’m going to try to just keep her up, keep her happy during the entire time.’’

You could see some great chemistry between these two start to show in the last few games. I love Brianna's game, absolutely loved watching her this year and I will root every step of the way to her recovery. And Caroline who has had to deal with this too many times had this to say:
Said senior Caroline Doty, who has three times torn the ACL in her left knee: “It’s just something you never wish for anybody. And for her to have to go through it … She’s been getting into her element. She’s been doing such great things. And for it to happen now, it stinks. But at the same time, she’s a sophomore. I told her she’s going to be able to see so much more from the bench and just try to take it as a positive spin and learn from this unfortunate thing. I can’t say how she’s going to respond to it, but I’m going to try to be there for her. If she needs someone to talk to I’m going to be there. I’m not going to hover over her or anything. But at the same time I’m going to give her company because I think that’s the biggest thing. People are going to be asking her how she’s doing, how’s her mindset and all that other stuff. But I’m just going to try to be there just to hang out and laugh because I think that’s the best cure is positive spirit.’’

Caroline should know. It will be harder for the Huskies now, but I have faith that they will rally and do well.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
I hear he's picked up basketball because he's been dissatisfied with the few successful Hail Marys in football. Determined to improve his performance, he rented a secluded gym in Nicaea where he's perfected his take on the three-pointer with a unique release he calls the trinity. He's overcome the gender issue by getting special dispensation from himself.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
[quote="FairView, post: 491139, member: 899" by getting special dispensation from himself.[/quote]

..something the US Congress figured out a looonng time ago..:oops:

Reaction Score
The hated, dreaded ACL strikes again ! I hate it for B. Banks. She really had her confidence jacked up.
She relly helped us on D with her quickness gettin to bad passes and loose balls. Her and Kelly were lethal. Perhaps we now get this mentality of us against the world. I feel the key is Lil Mo. She is as quick as BB, perhaps quicker and she has been coming on a lot lately. I know in the long run it will help, but if Moriah can play good tight D and get the ball to the right people at the right time, don't turn the ball over, hit a few 3's to keep the defense honest we should be okay.
BB, my prayers are with you !
GO UCONN GO !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member