Life on the Boneyard Update, September 22, 2020 | The Boneyard

Life on the Boneyard Update, September 22, 2020

Reaction Score
I'm going to give an update of life on the Boneyard and the people who reside here. This may become a weekly thing if you all show interest or it could die out quickly if the haterz have their way. Here we go:

Dream Jobbed 2.0 strongly advocates for the downtown Manchester food and beer scene and makes a surprisingly strong argument in doing so.

B1GEast is close to pulling the trigger on purchasing a high mileage truck off Facebook. His BY peers urge him to make sure its a Toyota.

LeftyZone is already rooting for the Jets to tank and go 0-16 this season. He even brought up the butt-fumble.

UCDaveD appears ready to assault the next solar salesperson that shows up at his front door during dinner time. I feel you, Dave.

Chief got promoted at a Fortune 500 company recently, a big aCHIEFvment during a global pandemic. Chief, when fans are allowed back at the games, drinks for the whole BY on you?

Dove wished death on August_West through means of an amp explosion. West confirms that this actually almost happened to him once!

Temery plugs consumerreports.com if you are looking for treadmill reviews. He is outraged at the prices for the good treadmills though.

Nebraskin18 urges BY stock traders to buy ROKU and even provides some analytic charts. Thanks Brask!

8893 admits that he is a big fan of hard craft seltzers with very minimal pushback from the BY beer team. I respect it.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
No mention of the Big Texan Thread. Kind of disappointing.
He might be intimidated that it's gone from 8 to 38 to 68+ pages so quickly. I know that I am, but at the same time, I'm wondering if there are particular highlights beyond its game thread vibe.
A review would definitely help.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
8893 admits that he is a big fan of hard craft seltzers with very minimal pushback from the BY beer team. I respect it.
To be clear, I loved beer but it didn't love me back, and these craft hard seltzers from Stillwater--especially the dry hopped ones--allow me to scratch that hop head itch without the discomfort I feel after drinking beer.

But I still prefer wine, cider or hard liquor.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
He might be intimidated that it's gone from 8 to 38 to 68+ pages so quickly. I know that I am, but at the same time, I'm wondering if there are particular highlights beyond its game thread vibe.
A review would definitely help.
Without simultaneous pics of the personnel and contestants being commented upon, most of the posts are not really appreciable. More like reading “fort the ead” with no context.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Without simultaneous pics of the personnel and contestants being commented upon, most of the posts are not really appreciable. More like reading “fort the ead” with no context.
My interpretation of what you've written is that having gotten the intro and watched a couple of rounds, plus knowing Big Texan from having visited, I can just rejoin at any time it's 'game on' and experience it like a Game Thread that continues without change whenever there's a new competitor...and without mods directing everybody to the Chat room, because there isn't enough traffic to disrupt or tax system resources with constantly refreshing screens, as a Game Thread does.

Is that about right?

If so, that sounds way more manageable than it being like a giant recruiting thread that digresses for pages on end, with internal squabbles and discussions of players who aren't the main subject, before someone either successfully lobbies for a return to the topic, or there is actually some relevant news.

At some point, I might weigh in what else to do (and eat) in Amarillo, but it sounds like we're not quite there yet.

Reaction Score
Big Texan may need a synopsis of its own while it is active. Throw some metrics in there too. 10 total challengers, 2 finishers, 3 yakkers, and a librarian and braveheart appearance, etc. Possibly throw a snowball estimate of how man tong slaps happened, cross contamination opportunities maximized, stuff like that which matters to us. You know, all the good stuff. :D

GoDAWGS

"I Love Whaley"
Reaction Score
Just the content I needed from my favorite connecticut craft beer and pizza blog (A+ work laughed audibly at this)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom