Liberty/Sparks | The Boneyard

Liberty/Sparks

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Sparks up 2 headed into the 4th. Nneka having just an awful game (1-13 shooting) but Gray/Chiney are keeping them in it. NY is way too reliant still on Tina Charles, she's just 6-18 from the floor. Not sure why they aren't working harder to get more looks for Nurse (3-7) or Durr (3-6). The brightspot for NY has been Reshanda Gray, she's been a workhorse and extremely physical inside. Great pickup for NY.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
Sparks up 2 headed into the 4th. Nneka having just an awful game (1-13 shooting) but Gray/Chiney are keeping them in it. NY is way too reliant still on Tina Charles, she's just 6-18 from the floor. Not sure why they aren't working harder to get more looks for Nurse (3-7) or Durr (3-6). The brightspot for NY has been Reshanda Gray, she's been a workhorse and extremely physical inside. Great pickup for NY.

...and now Katie Smith has benched all of Charles/Nurse/Durr in the 4th.Head bang

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Liberty took the lead in the 4th..... led 66-61 with a little over five minutes left in the game. Then Chelsea (expletive-deleted) Gray took over. :cool:

15pts and 1 assist for Gray in the last five minutes...... 78-73 Sparks victory.

Reaction Score
Sparks still missing 3 starters. Liberty still winless, and look clueless. They have some good players. Katie Smith needs to go. I'd do it right now, as there doesn't appear to be any cause for optimism.

On a brighter note, Tina's last bucket made her the Liberty's all-time leading scorer. She's currently the NBA's 15th all-time leading scorer (different point total includes her non-Liberty points).

Reaction Score
Has Vadeeva left the team for national purposes or something? She looked stellar in her matchup with Wilson in their first game.

Reaction Score
Has Vadeeva left the team for national purposes or something? She looked stellar in her matchup with Wilson in their first game.
Yes she left about a week ago for Russian National Team commitments - EuroBasket I think

bballnut90

Reaction Score
Liberty took the lead in the 4th..... led 66-61 with a little over five minutes left in the game. Then Chelsea (expletive-deleted) Gray took over. :cool:

15pts and 1 assist for Gray in the last five minutes. 78-73 Sparks victory.

Gray is a stud. NY has now lost 16 consecutive games dating back to last season. Next up is Mystics, Aces, Lynx, Aces and then at the Sparks. They could easily start out the year 0-8.

Reaction Score
I can not understand why some people still believe that having been a great player will automatically make you a good coach as well. Some of the best coaches ever were not that good on the court themselves. Some of the best players became absolutely horrible coaches and couldn't last a year in the NBA . I suppose the standards are far lower in the WNBA.

Reaction Score
I am too lazy to look it up, but how many years did she serve under Bill Lambeer? Is this an example of the Holly Warlick effect?
I thought LAS played decent defense in the last couple of minutes. This may explain why Tina took the three point shot with NYL down by three. Come to think of it, who can you count on to deliver a three in a situation like today? I was going to mention Sugar Rogers, but she is gone.
Is Zahaui B (sp) holding down the fort until Kiah returns?
I'm sorry, I have so many questions about the NYL this year. In my mind, I agree with a few posters that the Liberty are in for a rough year.
If Ionescu or Cox fell into the Liberty "lap", would they want to play for Katie?

bballnut90

Reaction Score
I am too lazy to look it up, but how many years did she serve under Bill Lambeer? Is this an example of the Holly Warlick effect?
I thought LAS played decent defense in the last couple of minutes. This may explain why Tina took the three point shot with NYL down by three. Come to think of it, who can you count on to deliver a three in a situation like today? I was going to mention Sugar Rogers, but she is gone.
Is Zahaui B (sp) holding down the fort until Kiah returns?
I'm sorry, I have so many questions about the NYL this year. In my mind, I agree with a few posters that the Liberty are in for a rough year.
If Ionescu or Cox fell into the Liberty "lap", would they want to play for Katie?

Durr or Nurse would be my pick for who takes the shot. Allen is a heck of a shooter too. I wouldnt want Tina taking that 3. Durr may prove me wrong but I always felt she was overhyped and I think there were several better options on the table at 2.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I just finished watching this game. I can't remember a game in which more bad calls went one way. In the first couple of minutes, Nurse was called for a charge when the defender was at least a foot inside the restricted area. The flagrant on Tina was questionable, but not an awful call. But then in the second half, Hartley was hit in the face by an extended arm, and there was no flagrant called, and not even a review after she hit the floor grabbing her face. There was never any explanation of the technical on Rashanda Gray when she was mugged. I don't remember any horrible calls going New York's way, but could have missed one or two.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I can not understand why some people still believe that having been a great player will automatically make you a good coach as well. Some of the best coaches ever were not that good on the court themselves. Some of the best players became absolutely horrible coaches and couldn't last a year in the NBA . I suppose the standards are far lower in the WNBA.
Some of the best coaches were people who were not outstanding players. Some outstanding players who found it easy to do a number of things, when they become coaches, find it hard to be patient with players who struggle to do things that were easy for them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom