Liberty Hockey Invitational ~ UConn vs Yale for Championship | The Boneyard

Liberty Hockey Invitational ~ UConn vs Yale for Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well we got our Yale date. Good opportunity to play another top national team from the state.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
What time is the game tomorrow?

Reaction Score
The puck drops Sunday at 4 p.m.

UConnMHOC12:36pm via Twitter Web Client
Sunday Preview @hartfordcourant@ManthonyCourant UConn Facing Yale In Final Of New Jersey Hockey Tournament fw.to/keCuaBl

>>"I think it's great," UConn coach Mike Cavanaugh said. "I want to play those guys every year. You've got Michigan-Michigan State, BC-BU, New Hampshire and Dartmouth have started a yearly tradition. I think the more in-state rivalries we can create, the better it is for college hockey."

Yale coach Keith Allain does not disagree. He's all for Yale-UConn. He also has unique hurdles to cross and various scheduling priorities. The Ivy League permits teams to play 29 regular season games compared to the NCAA limit of 34, and Yale, which played its season opener Friday, also starts three weeks later than most teams. UConn, playing its seventh game Sunday, is 1-3-2.

"We'd like to play them on a regular basis," Allain said. "Whether it's an annual basis or not [depends], but we only have seven non-conference games. So to lock in with one team all the time — we want our kids to have a broader experience with who they play. We certainly would like to have UConn on the schedule on a regular basis, no question."<<

Reaction Score
Well we had some good chances within the last minute. Not the outcome we wanted but now the boys need to prepare to bring their A game to the XL Wednesday night. We'll bring the noise. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom