LiAngelo Ball to Uconn? | The Boneyard

LiAngelo Ball to Uconn?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
The irony is that the only pro league LiAngelo might be able to play in is the Chinese Basketball Association.

I don't even think a G-League team would sign him. Why put up with the headache for a guy who's 1/10 as talented as his (under-performing) brother?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
So here’s the pitch:

You get a three-star player who thinks he’s a one and done with a father who forced the LA Lakers to amend a decades-old policy regarding families attending games.

My crystal ball pick is New Mexico.

Reaction Score
The irony is that the only pro league LiAngelo might be able to play in is the Chinese Basketball Association.

I don't even think a G-League team would sign him. Why put up with the headache for a guy who's 1/10 as talented as his (under-performing) brother?

He's a rookie 23 games into his career averaging 8.7 points, 6.9 rebounds, and 7 assists. 9, 7, and 7 is pretty good for a rookie point guard on a young team playing in an absolutely loaded western conference. He's also the youngest player in history to record a triple double. He may eventually be the next player to average a triple double throughout the entire season.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
He's a rookie 23 games into his career averaging 8.7 points, 6.9 rebounds, and 7 assists. 9, 7, and 7 is pretty good for a rookie point guard on a young team playing in an absolutely loaded western conference. He's also the youngest player in history to record a triple double. He may eventually be the next player to average a triple double throughout the entire season.

He's a talented kid who's had some great games (almost always against Eric Bledsoe). But his shooting has been historically bad. He's been able to shoot at every level, notwithstanding his ugly form, so I expect it will improve.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
No, he's only a "three star" recruit

:cool:

Reaction Score
He's a talented kid who's had some great games (almost always against Eric Bledsoe). But his shooting has been historically bad. He's been able to shoot at every level, notwithstanding his ugly form, so I expect it will improve.
His form is absolutely terrible, but it might be too late to fix it.

Reaction Score

I think we are on the same side but I'm not even sure if this is true. I was listening to some hoops podcast last week and they were talking about how his shooting at UCLA was more of an anomaly than this. Apparently he shot 33% at Chino Hill (crazy shot selection, sure) and even worse during his recorded AAU games. Would Lonzo have went #2 out of the draft if he shot 31% from deep at UCLA? No chance.

If Lonzo can be even a decent shooter he would be an ALL star player but I am not nearly as high on him as I was leading into the draft. The shot is way more broken than I imagined. The mechanics make shooting off the bounce basically impossible, save for stepbacks which aren't exactly high percentage.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
He may eventually be the next player to average a triple double throughout the entire season.

Almost chocked on that one. Go ahead bet the house on that statement

Reaction Score
Any way, this is good for a kid going to UCLA as it (potentially) frees up a scholarship for (one would hope) a more deserving player and student who has ACTUALLY earned it via (one would hope) good life choices.

Anyone else just tired of this family? What a circus. Do the kids even make their own choices btw? The father is not doing much to raise independent men.

C

Chief00

Hey going easy on Bunkey’s bro Eric Bledsoe!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom