2024 Recruiting: - Liam McNeeley | Page 12 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Liam McNeeley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
To be fair, Dan also wanted Timberlake and Diggins. That's absolutely not a shot at DH's recruiting because he's hit the jackpot way more times than he hasn't by bringing in guys like Newton, Clingan, Karaban, Spencer, Joey California, and the list goes on and on. I think McNeeley will be a stud, but the point is that you never actually know if these kids are going to end up being good enough or not and you're never going to bat 1.000 when it comes to this stuff.
Diggins is solid actually. And I’m willing to bet Dan gets more out of Timberlake if he chose us. Neither would’ve been Cam Spencer for us, but recruiting does require a little luck.

Reaction Score
Arkansas with a $5 million nil kitty and none of it spent yet

I'm hoping as part of Hurley's contract negotiation he asks Benedict to max out the NIL they can offer players.

Reaction Score
How do you max out NIL? Donors have to put more money into the collective no?

Yeah, it will take capital raising efforts. Where are all the billionaire UConn alum!

Does anyone know if there’s a cap on NIL?

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score

Saw the “long distance” sign after he hit that first 3. Not saying it’s a sign, but…

Also, Abraham, like J-Stew fits that mold of “4-star with developmental upside” that we tend to thrive with. Think he’s going to be really good.

Reaction Score
Interesting

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240412_100551_X.jpg
    Screenshot_20240412_100551_X.jpg
    538 KB · Views: 629
Reaction Score
Hey Husky fans... first post.

Graduated from IU (thanks for handing Purdoodoo an embarrassing loss) but grew up in Jersey watching St. Benedicts and St. Anthonys.

Hoosier fans were pumped for McNeeley and I caught him in person at a few games. I think he is a great fit for the UConn system - definitely the kind of 5 star who could buy into a system and a culture. Above all else during his initial recruitment, he said he wanted to play for a winner. He was a vocal ambassador of the brand while committed and the conventional wisdom was that he could stay in college for 2, maybe 3 years.

I will be rooting for him to land at UConn and, realistically, rooting for the Huskies to make history with 3 in a row. I'll always have loyalty to my alma mater but at the end of the day they're not competitive and can't miss out on another Hurley dynasty.

Reaction Score
Question for people in the know - viewing practices is a big part of the recruiting process for us, How would it work with these transfers we're after and with McNeeley? Presumably there won't be any practices to view for quite a while.

Perhaps i'm missing something

Reaction Score
Question for people in the know - viewing practices is a big part of the recruiting process for us, How would it work with these transfers we're after and with McNeeley? Presumably there won't be any practices to view for quite a while.

Perhaps i'm missing something

Kids visiting when we don't have practices don't view practices. There's no mystery here. We push for visits in the fall when we have practice but that won't apply here just because he's committing so late.

Reaction Score
Hassan
Solo/Mcneeley
Stewart/Mcneeley
Karaban
Transfer Center

Samson
Nowell
Hausen
Ross

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I think all indications are Hurley and staff prioritized this kid as soon as he de-committed.

As the great Matrim says, nothings ever done until he’s in practice, but I imagine he’s getting our full court press and the way he fits is intriguing to everyone.

Keep in mind, too, this is a 3rd generation D1 player, he’s a basketball lifer and plays the game the right ways. With parents and grandparents who understand hoop, they have to be impressed with the program and offense we’re running. He fits perfectly.

Reaction Score
I'm not reading 300 posts, but is it fair to say this guy is like a Karaban clone/successor?

Reaction Score
Just bear in mind things change RAPIDLY in the NIL era. Nothing is done until the kid’s on the campus getting his @$$ kicked in practice.
Makes sense. Hopefully the kid likes to work. Any knowledge if a visit is in the works?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom