2024 Recruiting: - Liam McNeeley, the Second of His Name, 2.0 | Page 23 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Liam McNeeley, the Second of His Name, 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I wish there was a practice session he could participate in. Are the guys still playing, I would think so, especially the NBA bound.
I saw the UConn men Insta (or FB) account post some photos recently of the guys in practice gear with a "Back at it!" caption. I'm sure they'll be able to run McNeeley through a practice session of some kind to give him a taste.

Reaction Score
That's not what I heard. He used UConn to drive up Duke's NIL offer. He was never serious about coming to UConn.
Some Duke fans on Reddit were convinced we offered Flagg 1.5 mil to their 750k, no way we offered that much

Reaction Score
Some Duke fans on Reddit were convinced we offered Flagg 1.5 mil to their 750k, no way we offered that much
Considering Hurley is on record saying that "$1.2-1.3M"is a "ridiculous number", those DOOK fans are completely BS'ing.

Reaction Score
Considering Hurley is on record saying that "$1.2-1.3M"is a "ridiculous number", those DOOK fans are completely BS'ing.

Lol think again. We have a strong donor class that was more than willing to open their wallet. UConn could have topped Duke in their offer. As @superjohn said, this didn’t come down to NIL.

Reaction Score
Ridiculous number for who was asking for it. No matter how much people here want to bury their heads in the sand and deny it, UConn has competitive NIL and that's a positive thing

Reaction Score
Obviously still a ton of dominoes to fall here and multiple spots open, but Torvik released 2025 projections/rostercast. Has us #5 with AK back and adding Liam, 7 with AK back and no adds, 14 with AK gone and adding Liam, 38 with AK gone no adds.

Just interesting early data points that will be fun to monitor.
You have to add Diarra back in, too. But Diarra+Karaban+McNeeley is still only 5th.

That being said, 5th is within the "could be #1 margin of error".

cwh20

Six is good!
Reaction Score
I remember following Timberlake's instagram follows like they were the Zapruder film, which in retrospect is hilarious for lots of reasons. So I won't get sucked into that again.

The basketball clearly seems like the right fit here; hopefully the other stuff is as well.
That’s funny. PF Ike Diagu. He was down to UConn, Arizona St and Kansas(?). This podcaster came to the Boneyard and said he was going to announce that night on his show. Many Boneyarders went to the site but they wanted money. There was a way around it but some did pay. I listened to the hour+ show. Ike never called in. That was the end of me getting too involved. He eventually chose ASU. UConn survived.

This is not to say that I’m not interested in UConn getting McNeeley. That’d be awesome!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You have to add Diarra back in, too. But Diarra+Karaban+McNeeley is still only 5th.

A few things have to fall right for us in the next 4-5 weeks and by next March we could be hitting on all cylinders again.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
NIL had nothing to do with Flagg picking Duke instead of UConn.

I wish this board would stop accusing every player who doesn't choose UConn of making the decision based solely on money. There are lots of reasons to choose schools other than UConn. Except Syracuse, there's no valid reason to go there.

Reaction Score

Obviously still a ton of dominoes to fall here and multiple spots open, but Torvik released 2025 projections/rostercast. Has us #5 with AK back and adding Liam, 7 with AK back and no adds, 14 with AK gone and adding Liam, 38 with AK gone no adds.

Just interesting early data points that will be fun to monitor.
where do we go adding Brea to Diarra, AK and Liam? i have to keep reminding myself a team can be much much worse than this past season's team but still be good enough to make a run to the final four.

Reaction Score
where do we go adding Brea to Diarra, AK and Liam? i have to keep reminding myself a team can be much much worse than this past season's team but still be good enough to make a run to the final four.
5th.
5EEBEB60-BF1A-4653-867C-CE7EF7D44A4E.jpeg

Reaction Score
#5, but I think all of his numbers were with the assumption of Diarra back in the OP. They don't seem to match otherwise

Reaction Score
Let’s not do this. Michigan is a serious program. Ann Arbor is a great college town. If his family is in Indiana it will be far easier to see many of his games
His family is in Texas.

Reaction Score
Hard to get swayed by "He just followed the whole staff and team on IG" after the whole Timberlake and Flagg situation. It just makes so much sense for Liam to come here and replace Castle as our 1&done 5 star though, just an incredible fit!
Following a couple guys while on a visit means "I'm communicating while I'm on the visit."

Following the whole team means "the visit went awesome and probably will commit."

Timberlake was an outlier. Kansas threw a late ridiculous bag that as an older midmajor in the early days of NIL who probably didn't get paid before and had no chance of NBA forced his hand. McNeeley is not in that same situation.

Reaction Score
He took a turn around, off one-foot, mid-range fadeaway, a la Dirk Nowitzki last night. Missed it, but it wasn't a bad shot, he just missed it. Nowell might have been guarding him, and he clearly had a height advantage.

Not posting that to disagree, rather to say that if/when he does take a midrange, it may be a strategic shot rather than a bad shot. I also understand that last night was also an all-star game, not two teams playing within systems.
He hit 10 ft turnaround baseline jumper and swished as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom