2024 Recruiting: - Liam McNeeley, the Second of His Name, 2.0 | Page 21 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Liam McNeeley, the Second of His Name, 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Forecast says 56.

Right now it's 40 and not a cloud in the sky.

The birds are a mad chorus as well. Mother nature is in full effect.

The weather in New England is no worse than in MI or IN, so I don't think weather will play much of a part in his decision.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
CFJ. It happened. No one cared.
There was definitely a dung load of churn in this forum when that occurred. Incredible how much anger in this forum directed towards CFJ, Cooley, Providence, Hurley and the transfer portal when that happened. Hard to believe the 180 in UConn's fate from that point in time to now. Life is full of twists and turns. Sometimes not for the good. In this case it was absolutely for the best. Breathtaking when you think about it.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
For someone who's looking to build a brand and a career, you'd have to think that the "earned media" a guy like that would get on one of the most-covered teams in the sport would make up for any shortcoming in their immediate compensation.

Struggling to see why he wouldn't come here but I stopped trying to read high school basketball players' minds a long time ago.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
There was definitely a dung load of churn in this forum when that occurred. Incredible how much anger in this forum directed towards CFJ, Cooley, Providence, Hurley and the transfer portal when that happened. Hard to believe the 180 in UConn's fate from that point in time to now. Life is full of twists and turns. Sometimes not for the good. In this case it was absolutely for the best. Breathtaking when you think about it.

Yeah I don't remember the order that everything happened but I think by the time CFJ left, others had too, so it was cumulative and disappointing because people started on focusing on who was left.

I'm often wrong but if you look in that thread, I wasn't one of the ones losing their crap over Jalen "Imma dribble the ball for 10 seconds and then pass" Gaffney leaving.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
The weather in New England is no worse than in MI or IN, so I don't think weather will play much of a part in his decision.
Why is everybody talking up the weather when Hurley said the bad weather is a factor in getting serious players who are gym rats and don't need environment distractions. We should be hoping the weather is miserable given Liam appears to be a serious bb player.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Yeah I don't remember the order that everything happened but I think by the time CFJ left, others had too, so it was cumulative and disappointing because people started on focusing on who was left.

I'm often wrong but if you look in that thread, I wasn't one of the ones losing their crap over Jalen "Imma dribble the ball for 10 seconds and then pass" Gaffney leaving.
People were upset about Akok leaving and the momentum was building but when CFJ left that started a Boneyard meltdown. Not a ten like Providence fans had when Cooley left to Georgetown, or the meltdowns in this forum over KO, George Mason, Jerome Dyson's senior season, Donyell Marshall's missed free throws. But definitely approaching that level.

Passionate fans can't hold their poop together.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The difference being Floyd was like that 2nd-string QB who's never played yet the fans clamor for. If Floyd ever hit the court I'm thinking no one would have cared when he said goodbye.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
The difference being Floyd was like that 2nd-string QB who's never played yet the fans clamor for. If Floyd ever hit the court I'm thinking no one would have cared when he said goodbye.

Honestly, when players were leaving given the incredible amount of available PT, I figured they would have stayed in the staff really wanted them to.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Why is everybody talking up the weather when Hurley said the bad weather is a factor in getting serious players who are gym rats and don't need environment distractions. We should be hoping the weather is miserable given Liam appears to be a serious bb player.
A lot of it is meant to be tongue in cheek, a bit of inside joke sarcasm.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
CFJ was like an Albacore around our neck.

Reaction Score
Hard to get swayed by "He just followed the whole staff and team on IG" after the whole Timberlake and Flagg situation. It just makes so much sense for Liam to come here and replace Castle as our 1&done 5 star though, just an incredible fit!

Reaction Score
Deep quoting one of KO's most memorable lines is the kind of mojo I've been looking for...let the committing and healing continue...

liam.jpg

Reaction Score
If this kid doesn't come to Storrs, then it's purely because of NIL $$$ and we don't need that kind of player in the program anyways.
[/QUOTE]
This is just silly. There could be multiple reasons he doesn’t come here for, and he could still be a great kid with all the intangibles. Hope he likes our coaches and players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom