Lexie Brown leaving Maryland | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Lexie Brown leaving Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Brandon Clay ‏@BrandonClayPSB 7h7 hours ago

BREAKING: Former Maryland guard Lexie Brown is slated to visit Duke this week after visiting Louisville last weekend.

epic-funny-cats-20-minutes-you-just-can-not-stop-laughing.jpg

i cant imagine she would end up in Durham, but if she did........ I'd be smiling and laughing all the way to Cameron Indoor

Reaction Score

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
didn't Duke just sign two point guards . Is Salvadores still coming ?

All signs that Ive read points to Salvadores arriving in Durham to play ...... and yes.... highly regarded Kyra Lambert will be a freshman as well.

Not sure if Brown would consider FSU........ but that would make alot of sense.... and they do have a history of accepting and thriving with transfers..... FSU = florida state not fresno state ;)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"Rising" to the occasion, may I say that I thought she was headed to Ohio, but obviously that is somebody else AND with respect to both of them: Frankly, Charlotte, I don't give a ..... 'cuz the Bake It At Home Pizza is ready!

Reaction Score
I don't get it. Something must of happened with Lexi and Maryland. She had stated she wants to go to a team that gives her a chance to win a NC. So why is she even thinking about Duke lol its just funny cus it seems Maryland did and will give her the better chance before Dookies and Ville

Reaction Score
I had mentioned earlier that if being closer to home was the real reason to leave MD & the B1G Fla St. made the best sense of all the rumored schools! Closer to her GA home and in the ACC!

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I had mentioned earlier that if being closer to home was the real reason to leave MD & the B1G Fla St. made the best sense of all the rumored schools! Closer to her GA home and in the ACC!

Yes, but not a huge chance of winning a national championship.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
If the reason for transfer is NC contention the only schools with better current records than MD of competing for them are ND and Uconn, so that certainly doesn't 'compute' as I suspect neither is likely on her list or would be that highly interested. The Big10 is unlikely as it would I think include a two year wait before being able to play. Louisville and Duke are not exactly short on good guards at this point. SC might make sense from a need and distance perspective if being closer/playing closer to home is a concern.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I REALLY wish people would stop putting 'South Carolina' and 'Lexie Brown' in the same sentence...

It's not going to happen... Know why?

Because it makes too much daggone sense.

Top 5 team. Growing program. Great facilities. 3 hours from metro Atlanta. Favorable roster.

Neither Louisville or Duke make sense... If distance was a factor then it's interesting Louisville made the cut.. Duke is close but they are STACKED with good guards already and have more coming..

I thought the entire time that she would end up at SC or FSU... so to hear otherwise is interesting.

Reaction Score
I was betting on her going to reunite with her AAU teammate and friend Davis (leaving GT) with Dawn Staley in SC. They need guards, she needs better PG Coaching, chance at NC. The fact she is exploring others makes me wonder if the Gamecocks may be happier with Cuevas and their other PG prospects. Joining DD (another AAU teammate) in TN seems like a possibility, but they are set at the point.

Reaction Score
Yes, but not a huge chance of winning a national championship.

cockhrnleghr- - - In her original quote she didn't mention her goal for leaving MD as winning a Nat'l Championship but that she wanted to be closer to her GA home! FSU and ACC does that!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I hope she lands back in the ACC. After losing Alexis Jones, Deshields, and Davis in the past 2 off-seasons... it would be nice to see some proven talent transfer into the league

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Brown should go to South Carolina. They could have a line up of Brown, Davis, White, Wilson and Coates in 2016-17 that should be able to compete with the likes of Connecticut and Notre Dame. Get coached by one of the best point guards ever who has developed Tiffany Mitchell into an All-American, close to home, etc.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
cockhrnleghr- - - In her original quote she didn't mention her goal for leaving MD as winning a Nat'l Championship but that she wanted to be closer to her GA home! FSU and ACC does that!

In that case, she ought to transfer to Georgia, Georgia Tech, Clemson, Auburn, Tennessee or USC. Tallahassee is not that close or easy to get to from Atlanta.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
In that case, she ought to transfer to Georgia, Georgia Tech, Clemson, Auburn, Tennessee or USC. Tallahassee is not that close or easy to get to from Atlanta.

Looked it up cause i was curious..... FSU is just an hour further than South Carolina and Tenn. Though its not straight interstate like those two

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Looked it up cause i was curious..... FSU is just an hour further than South Carolina and Tenn. Though its not straight interstate like those two

That's why it's hard to get to; when going from Atlanta to Tallahassee or Columbia to Tallahassee or just about anywhere other than east-west to Tallahassee, you have to take a lot of back roads, so it would likely be more time consuming than an hour even though it's just 50 miles or so, further. Lexie is also from the northeast side of Atlanta. I just find her reasoning strange unless she's going to transfer really close to home. There's more to it than that.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score

Driving the back roads of South Georgia/North Florida = the worst.... It's an endless wasteland..

Reaction Score
I'm not a betting man, but I'd put a little down on her ending up at SC. No info. Just a gut feeling.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I'm not a betting man, but I'd put a little down on her ending up at SC. No info. Just a gut feeling.

It wouldn't surprise me, but time will tell. I'd certainly be happy if that happened.

Reaction Score
I personally would love to see her at South Carolina, bring all the talent to the SEC, it'll make for some very good games and interesting headlines between South Carolina and UT.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I personally would love to see her at South Carolina, bring all the talent to the SEC, it'll make for some very good games and interesting headlines between South Carolina and UT.
This is very disappointing! Not the opinion you expressed but how much you sound like Margo- when she talks about bringing “talent to the SEC”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom