Lexi Gordon | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lexi Gordon

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
You have the right to like anything or dislike anything on the By. You too have the right to not read what offends you.
Some of us felt bad for Lexi as a Uconn kid and it hurt us some when she transferred. So, when she puts up great numbers we want to know it. No disrespect to you or to Lexi we don't 'focus" on Lexi but it too is nice t know a former Uconn kids is doing better now. AEH is also followed and enjoyed at Ms St because some of us expected great things from her--if that happens at Ms St we are very happy for her, no focus, just following a former Uconn kid.

A bit too rosy. Not all transfers are equal.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
As much as we like to speculate, we don't know the dynamics between Lexi and Geno, AEH and Geno or even Evelyn and Geno. What we do know is that the considerable skills they brought to UConn didn't or haven't carried over on the court.

I was thinking this watching Oklahoma's Taylor Robinson make threes like crazy. She could not play for UConn, for lots of reasons. Mainly, it just wouldn't be a good fit.

Lexi and AEH weren't good fits. It happened before those two. It may be happening now with Evelyn (hope not). Bad fits will occur in the future.

It didn't surprise me when Natalie Butler killed it at George Mason. It doesn't surprise me that Lexi is enjoying success at Tech. I think if Lexi stayed at UConn her minutes would not have seen a significant jump unless dramatic changes occurred. It is all about the fit.

Reaction Score
I was thinking this watching Oklahoma's Taylor Robinson make threes like crazy. She could not play for UConn, for lots of reasons. Mainly, it just wouldn't be a good fit.

You know this how?

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
You know this how?
I think she is slow, not a great defender , not a great ball handler who can create off the dribble. Great shooter but I am not sure where the shots would come from in the UConn offense.

I would take Makurat and Griffin over her and they don't start.

Less than flattering but that is why I didn't post it initially.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
You know this how?
If Taylor Robertson tried to play for UConn, she would have issues with fitness, speed, and defense which would collectively make KML look like a gazelle in comparison. From what I could see, shooting from distance is all she can do -- during the game, the announcers said that only a tiny percentage of her scoring for the year came from inside the 3-point line.

She does have the ability to launch her shot quickly, which is a very useful skill, but I don't think Geno would give many minutes to a player who will probably never have an all-around game.

I don't foresee that she will be drafted by the WNBA or make a WNBA roster when her college career is over.

Reaction Score
I'll just simply say that I'm glad to see Lexi having success and coming into fruition at TTU. I also hope that TTU can propel themselves to national prominence again (Swoopes, Alicia Thompson, Braziel, Perkins, Pierson). Maybe this season they can go from bottom dwellers to the middle of the pack in the Big 12.

Reaction Score
A bit too rosy. Not all transfers are equal.
I'm not sure I understand that. Care to embroider? Rosy, thank you. The first time I've been so accused, thank you. (kidding of course) But I don't understand the transfer stuff--dense if you will.

Reaction Score
If Taylor Robertson tried to play for UConn, she would have issues with fitness, speed, and defense which would collectively make KML look like a gazelle in comparison. From what I could see, shooting from distance is all she can do -- during the game, the announcers said that only a tiny percentage of her scoring for the year came from inside the 3-point line.

She does have the ability to launch her shot quickly, which is a very useful skill, but I don't think Geno would give many minutes to a player who will probably never have an all-around game.

I don't foresee that she will be drafted by the WNBA or make a WNBA roster when her college career is over.

But of course, we're discounting what Coach Geno and his staff could have done with her. Do you remember Ketia Swanier? During her freshman year, she looked as though she had been recruited from the track team and was only just beginning to play the game of basketball. She was awful. But over the course of her four years, she became not only not awful, not only good, but developed into a WNBA pro player.

Raw talent; great coaching.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom