Level of competition in France and Spain | The Boneyard

Level of competition in France and Spain

Reaction Score
I spoke with Joey Whelton today. Joe was a coach in Europe for over twenty years. I asked him about the level of competition the Huskies faced when over there. He said the pro teams are now starting their camps and would not allow their players go to play a college team from the states. What the team played against equaled a Div II squad (Spain), less in France. Joe is a good guy, always ready to chat when he comes to the club.

Reaction Score
We saw the games.. Obviously low level pro / am teams. Joe should tell the people he knows that it would help these teams to send the best they have. These hungry Huskies want a full meal.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Le Cannet is a 4th division team in France.

Reaction Score
Are you suggesting the team we beat by 66 points following minimal practice time whilst integrating 6 new players was not very good?
lol … considering how bad UConn beat them, I would say they are worse than D2 college teams. This UConn team will be very good this year, but it’s August and they are playing 5 freshman.
Regardless it is a very promising start for this years team. Pre Hurley we had teams that struggled in their D2 preseason warmups.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Imposing crushing defeats on opponents has been the stock and trade of this team in the recent past no matter who they play or where. That tends to happen when you live in a culture where everyone believes and pulls together. It starts with the dogsled analogy and when the momentum starts to really build it becomes like a freight train; locked in and loaded. I think they have something awesome going on in Storrs. They just have to remember their identity. It's who they are. They are not afraid of their schedule. That will be a baptism of fire for the freshman. The remnant from last year and the staff will
pick them up and make them believers. They won't allow them to fail. If they get knocked down they will get up again. Can't wait for the lights to go on so I'm trying to practice patience!!

Reaction Score
I spoke with Joey Whelton today. Joe was a coach in Europe for over twenty years. I asked him about the level of competition the Huskies faced when over there. He said the pro teams are now starting their camps and would not allow their players go to play a college team from the states. What the team played against equaled a Div II squad (Spain), less in France. Joe is a good guy, always ready to chat when he comes to the club.
Thanks for the intel and the insights. I guess this means we’re truly doomed and are probably going to go winless for the entire season…

Reaction Score
I'd say it is what it is...no analysis needed...this team will have its ups and downs like any team..its highly competitive ..sit back and enjoy...go on vacation or something

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom