Letter grade for Paige’s coaching | The Boneyard

Letter grade for Paige’s coaching

Reaction Score
Most people would love an A-. Paige is SOOOOO competitive that it looked as if her feelings were hurt. I have this feeling that when she returns she is going to GO OFF! Like historically.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'd give her a C+ for the sole reason that neither she, nor Geno, could get the team to do what they had practiced in breaking the tOSU press. Coaching is more than just being smart. It's also about getting the kids to actually do what you teach them. Flaming out in the sweet 16 is the last image we have of the team game-wise this past season, and that one was worth at least 50% of the grade IMHO.

Reaction Score
I'd give her a C+ for the sole reason that neither she, nor Geno, could get the team to do what they had practiced in breaking the tOSU press. Coaching is more than just being smart. It's also about getting the kids to actually do what you teach them. Flaming out in the sweet 16 is the last image we have of the team game-wise this past season, and that one was worth at least 50% of the grade IMHO.

How is she ever going to get into grad school with a C+ on her transcript? :rolleyes:
If your team doesn't do what you taught them to do then it's on them.

Reaction Score
How is she ever going to get into grad school with a C+ on her transcript? :rolleyes:
If your team doesn't do what you taught them to do then it's on them.
It is on the coach to find a player to put in that will do what they are taught. You can't break a press with 1 or 2 girls who can catch a pass in traffic and that is exactly what UCONN tried to do. But I thought the turnovers after the press and not taking advantage of OSU when you beat the press is what cost them the game. Watch how VaTech beat them and you will see the difference.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Why does a thread on a fun video conversation between Azzi and Paige have to turn into a rehash of the loss to OSU? Does anyone really think or believe that Paige had any effect on the outcome of that game? Probably not but gives people the opportunity to hctib indirectly about Geno.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I’m giving her an A+. She did the best she could with no prior training or experience as a coach. She couldn’t play, so she put her heart and soul into helping the only way she could, by becoming an extra coach. If she learned how to watch games and players from a coach’s perspective, that will make her a better player going forward.

Big Mick

The all knowing Mick
Reaction Score
Why does a thread on a fun video conversation between Azzi and Paige have to turn into a rehash of the loss to OSU? Does anyone really think or believe that Paige had any effect on the outcome of that game? Probably not but gives people the opportunity to hctib indirectly about Geno.

+1

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom