Let's temper expectations a bit | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Let's temper expectations a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Logic sucks!!! Miracle happens, that's the nature of hope and dream!!! I am hoping for another impossible season and NCAA run and will probably go banana with one of those WTF loss.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Eh, I'm not gonna say I guaranteed a title, but there was no dominant team in CBB last year, going into the tourney and with that draw I knew they could play and beat anyone outside of Louisville. Maybe I'm alone on this, but I put no stock in the Louisville games in regards to how this team would fare against other teams, they've been beating UConn like a drum for about 3 years now. When you hear Boat complain about them not playing UConn straight up man and always going matchup zone, its clear they were in their heads. As for the seeding, most projections had them as about a 5 seed, lets not act like they were a standard 7, two seed lines is a pretty big difference as far as how a team is perceived. I know its nitpicking, but its relevant.
You might add that Larry Brown is in KO's head!

Reaction Score
there is No way to replace the 5 guys that have moved along, but i think KO knows his talent and will use his talent intelligently.
All of our final 4 teams have had INTENSE defense that trAnslated to our offense and we either had a CLUTCH guard (kemba, napier) or a dominate center ( Hash, EO), IMO the key to a FF run will be Boat and/or AB.........the rest of the parts will faLL into place.

Reaction Score
Ollie is the best darn coach in the NCAA. He has no preconceptions. He will figure who can do what and will build a team around the skills that are there. This is not to say guys won't work on there games and improve. But if Ollie guy can win a national championship with a center who can not make a layup under the basket alone and with two munchkins as starting guys and the two skinniest forwards in NCAA basketball, he can flat out coach. He coaches to his guys strengths and hides weaknesses very well.
Well said. He made the most with what he had but we did have between Daniels, Bazz and Giff some experienced good long range shooters. That's the one thing that concerns me because I think we will have guard penetration, inside strength, and by year end lock down defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom