Let's Talk Villanova | The Boneyard

Let's Talk Villanova

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I haven't seen much of them this year, but from what I have seen, I wasn't all that impressed.

What are their strengths/weaknesses?

Who do we need to key on and shut down?

Where can we exploit them?

Reaction Score
I haven't seen much of them this year, but from what I have seen, I wasn't all that impressed.

What are their strengths/weaknesses?

Who do we need to key on and shut down?

Where can we exploit them?

They're pretty fast at every position so many match up nightmares on D, throw it up and go after it too despite their size. They are a very good ball faking team, if Boat jumps every time they ball fake as he has been they will have the advantage going to the hole. Same with the bigs, stay on the ground please tomorrow and rebound……2 most important things minus scoring more points!

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
They take alot of threes. At on point last night they missed 17 consecutive threes. We have to make sure to guard the perimeter and hope they remain cold.

Last year's game against Nove, Boatright and Bazz combined for only 6 points and Omar led the team with 16 points.

Reaction Score
They rely on the 3 ball and, though they didn't shoot it particularly well last night, it's what paces their entire offense. I expect they'll chuck it up early and often against us and probably at a slightly better clip, having gotten that first one out of the way. If they are hitting, it can open up the floor and will become an absolute nightmare if we fall into our Twilight Zone defense like we did for 2-4 minute clips last night.

Pinkston is a tough assignment. Hybrid player, built like a forward, moves like a guard. Not sure who we stick him with, but his size gets him the benefit of the whistle going to the rim more often than it doesn't. If we can keep him quiet and defend the long ball, as well as find the net on the other end, we take the Greyhound back to the Garden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom