Let's talk short QBs | The Boneyard

Let's talk short QBs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Here are some interesting numbers from the NFL combine

Wisconsin’s Russell Wilson measured 5-10 5/8.
Boise State’s Kellen Moore measured 6 feet even.

Of course, I know from reading the Boneyard that no QB under 6-2 can possible play at the BCS level. So this information about two of the best college QBs in the country has me confused. Can it be that someone on the Boneyard has it wrong?

Reaction Score
wow. i had no idea wilson was that short.

plenty of short QB's have been successful. cant wait to see ours out there.

Reaction Score
Jack Welch does a great bit about "not being the smartest person in the room", although I suspect he often was.

Anyway, enough of that.....

I agree, I think too much is made of a couple, few inches in height for a QB. I think that is especially true at the college level where the defenses are not as fast as the NFL and mobile QBs have much more of an opportunity to create opportunity with their legs.

Reaction Score
Here are some interesting numbers from the NFL combine

Wisconsin’s Russell Wilson measured 5-10 5/8.
Boise State’s Kellen Moore measured 6 feet even.

Of course, I know from reading the Boneyard that no QB under 6-2 can possible play at the BCS level. So this information about two of the best college QBs in the country has me confused. Can it be that someone on the Boneyard has it wrong?

Really? The Boneyard said that? What percentage?

In college, height of a qb is not a big deal at all. Many great abs in college were shorter than 6'2. Doug Flutie, Michael Vick, Troy Smith, Robert Griffith, Kellen Moore . . . etc.

Not sure what your point is.

Reaction Score
As an aside, RG3 isn't shorter than 6'2".

His point is pretty clear. There have been multiple posters on here who have suggested we'd be at a disadvantage with QB's who fall outside of the "Prototype NFL QB" size. It's always interesting to see quantifiable proof that people are wrong :).

To me, what is more interesting than just a list of successful B's under 6'2" is a list of non-mobile QB's who have had success under 6'2", either in college or the pros. That list is significantly shorter (see huskysupporter's list of short QB's as a small sample size).

Kellen Moore is certainly on that list. Brees comes to mind in the NFL.

Reaction Score
I highly doubt P kept Nebrich on the bench because he thought he was too short. P's two QB recruits this year are not very tall.

Reaction Score
I highly doubt P kept Nebrich on the bench because he thought he was too short. P's two QB recruits this year are not very tall.

Agreed. I hope nobody thinks that is the reason he did not see action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom