Let's Send The Grammar Police To The Bench! | The Boneyard

Let's Send The Grammar Police To The Bench!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
As the season begins and we expect the players to be "game ready," let's be "Boneyard post ready" here. Tell the grammar police to take a hike. A few tips to help us concentrate on stats and stuff:

1. There ain't no "C" in supersede.

2. There is a "U" in minuscule.

3. Just one "O" in optimist.

4. We want our role players to get on a roll.

5. Rein to slow down and reign as champs.

6. Count your "T's." Once you commit, you are committed and you have made a commitment.

7. Don't waste apostrophes.
At UConn, it's coaching that wins. [It is, shortened by using apostrophe.]
At UConn, its coaching wins. [Its, possessive, no apostrophe needed.]

If I missed any troublesome ones, I know Wonkster and JS are poised to step up.

Now, let's bench the grammar police. Let the Boneyard wcbb season begin! With no words mispelled!

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Your right, Kibitzer, and I'm on bored and hoping we don't have to waist time on grammer rather then sharing what we here about the Lady Huskys winning weighs. Just one question -- in that song, is it "reining men" or "reigning men" because I get confused whenever I here that classic from the Whether Girls?!?!?

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
Your right, Kibitzer, and I'm on bored and hoping we don't have to waist time on grammer rather then sharing what we here about the Lady Huskys winning weighs. Just one question -- in that song, is it "reining men" or "reigning men" because I get confused whenever I here that classic from the Whether Girls?!?!?

I'm cool with the cruddy grammar, but strongly get p.o.'d about posters who get kids' names wrong. There are no Stephs or Kalenas on the UConn team, and there sure as heck are not Lady Huskys .. nor Lady Huskies. There may be ladies who are Huskies, but Lady Huskies simply does not exist. Everyone can slip up with a typo, but those who keep mispelling names need to shape up. If you're truly a fan, you'll take the trouble to get the players' names right.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
I'm cool with the cruddy grammar, but strongly get p.o.'d about posters who get kids' names wrong. There are no Stephs or Kalenas on the UConn team, and there sure as heck are not Lady Huskys .. nor Lady Huskies. There may be ladies who are Huskies, but Lady Huskies simply does not exist. Everyone can slip up with a typo, but those who keep mispelling names need to shape up. If you're truly a fan, you'll take the trouble to get the players' names right.
In case it wasn't clear in my post, I also hate the "Lady Huskies" moniker. That's why I included it with my litany of errors.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
You mean like Farris is used instead of Faris? ;)

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

+1

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
There, their, they're is the one/won which/witch causes me to twitch/twhich.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
A little addendum.

It's Kaleena who just got here, not Kalana who graduated.

Bria is here, Brianna just arrived and Breanna is on the way.

I hope we are through with the Stef/Steph and Engeln/Englen thing.

I hope the next confusion about names is about how that new recruit Taya pronounces her first name: Will it be "TIE-ya" (rhyme with Maya) or something like "HEY-ya"?

We of course know that the last names of Morgan and Heather both rhyme with "luck," and I hope we have lots of that this year.

Reaction Score
So, should we say Bria Hartley is 5'-7", 5'-9", 5 feet-7 inches, etc, or,as I have contended all along, it doesn't really matter as long as she gets the last shot when it matters. I actually have a computer that canot spell.......

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
I'd say Bria Hartley is the right height for the mechanics of her shot.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Let's just all try not to loose our tempers.

Reaction Score
FairView, there are those among (us) who might dispute that observation. Proceed with caution!!

JS

Reaction Score
I'd say Bria Hartley is the right height for the mechanics of her shot.
That's right.

If she were taller her release point would be too low.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
That's right.

If she were taller her release point would be too low.
Not sure if her release point changed, but her arc at First Night looked better--and that should translate to a higher percentage. She's been working hard.

mr006

Reaction Score
A little addendum.

It's Kaleena who just got here, not Kalana who graduated.

Bria is here, Brianna just arrived and Breanna is on the way.

I hope we are through with the Stef/Steph and Engeln/Englen thing.

I hope the next confusion about names is about how that new recruit Taya pronounces her first name: Will it be "TIE-ya" (rhyme with Maya) or something like "HEY-ya"?

We of course know that the last names of Morgan and Heather both rhyme with "luck," and I hope we have lots of that this year.

It's the coaching staff's fault. They really have to make sure they select kids with more distinctive names. :p

JS

Reaction Score
"If she were taller her release point would be too low."

I was trying to say that if she were taller and her release were the same distance from the floor, the release point would be too low.

Just one of my dumb attempts at a joke.

I can do dumber than that, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member