Let's make the move! | The Boneyard

Let's make the move!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not a football fan at all so I don't really care what happens with that. And I've been a UConn hoops fan since 1960 so the dissolution of the Big East is a sad prospect. BUT moving to the ACC,keeping the Cuse and Pitt on the schedule,keeping touch with Nova and G'town thru the OOC and adding the likes of Carolina,Puke,Maryland,Clemson,Virginia etc. to the schedule is very,very appealing to me. I hope it happens sooner than later. And,hell,JC will probably coach until he's 80!

Reaction Score
Not a football fan at all so I don't really care what happens with that. And I've been a UConn hoops fan since 1960 so the dissolution of the Big East is a sad prospect. BUT moving to the ACC,keeping the Cuse and Pitt on the schedule,keeping touch with Nova and G'town thru the OOC and adding the likes of Carolina,Puke,Maryland,Clemson,Virginia etc. to the schedule is very,very appealing to me. I hope it happens sooner than later. And,hell,JC will probably coach until he's 80!
This is JC's last year JMHO. It logically makes sense for him to leave after securing another Final 4 berth (good chance). He won't be coaching in a revamped BE or in the ACC. The chances of that happening are 0%. Let's enjoy the end for what it is. The end...

Reaction Score
could see him and boheim riding off into the sunset before either leaves the big east, both are dedicated to the BE and probably wouldnt have it any other way

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I could also see JC sticking around for a couple of years to over see the transition to whatever conference we are playing in. He cares more about The Program, which is his legacy, than anything else. He's also stated that he wants to leave UConn Basketball in a comfortable, stable position going forward. I think he'll play the role of the steward given these two points.

Reaction Score
This is JC's last year JMHO. It logically makes sense for him to leave after securing another Final 4 berth (good chance). He won't be coaching in a revamped BE or in the ACC. The chances of that happening are 0%. Let's enjoy the end for what it is. The end...
The comment re:JC was very much tongue in cheek. The point is that I'm supportive and excited about the move for the reasons given. Carolina,Puke etc. coming to Gampel or Hartford...what's not to like?! Especially with the Cuse,Pitt and,possibly,Nova and G'town still on the schedule. :)

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score

I think that your 0% figure is 100% wrong (just to use extremes). I agree that there is a very good chance that JC would want to see his program through the transition period to help insure the program's continuity and to further build his legacy. I don't know that anyone can predict what he will do, including himself at this point. He might do as you suggest, but as he was just quoted, he is not one to back down from a perceived "challenge."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom