Let's go with the players we have | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Let's go with the players we have

Reaction Score
Today is week 10 since Bueckers surgery on Dec. 13. According to Geno, she's not playing this last week of regular season. Let's not do what some other teams do and have their players come back when maybe the safest thing to do is sit out the rest of season. Right now we have everyone back. Let's go with the 8 deep that rotate in plus the other 2 on the bench. When has Geno gone 8 deep? It's been a while. Usually 7 at the most. Let this year's seniors now step up! Win these last 3 regular season games, then Big East Tournament, and the first 2 games in NCAA Tournament. Anything after that might just be maybe winning streak momentum and confidence taking over going into the Sweet 16. What say you, UCONN fans?
Paige is going to play. No question now.

Didn't you hear? Paige has been having conversations with the Big Guy from Upstairs.

:p:p

Reaction Score
Paige may not necessarily want it, but there are certain story-lines that are unique this year. That puts added pressure on her decision. One possibility is she comes back near 100% and miraculously turns one of the most stressful and disappointing seasons ever into a championship run in her hometown. That would be like a fairy-tale ending make her a legend in the sport and amplify her prospects of earning far more than any other college player.

That potential story can only happen this year. Sure she can win a championship another year, but it won't be as much of a comeback story, a turnaround story, or magically in her hometown.

On the other hand there is no guarantee Uconn can win a championship with her. If she comes back a little early she may be nowhere close to the player she was previously, and the comeback and season wind up being a failure after getting our hopes up due to her return.

Either way the ultimate success or failure of the team may be unfairly thrown on her back. Some players (Nika comes to mind) speak as if her return is certain. If Paige believes it is too early to come back in her mind, she will wind up disappointing many of her teammates, which you know she doesn't want to do.

The circumstances and timing of when she might be ready and the looming tournament, and fans, players, parents and coaches expectations all put an unusual amount of pressure on her. She can't avoid that, but once she makes a decision I hope everyone excepts it, whether they agree with it or not, and we move to cheering her on this year, or looking forward to next year. it is not an easy position for a college sophomore to be in.
I’m pretty sure Paige has heard and is evaluating everything that her Dr, her parents, trainers, friends, and coaches have said relative to her injury, her long term health, and the pros & cons of returning vs waiting. As far as I can tell, she is an exceptionally intelligent, mature, and thoughtful young woman. The sequence of what has to happen for her to safely return is very clear to all of us (but especially to her)! Doctor’s clearance, trainer’s clearance, Geno’s clearance, Mom & Dad’s clearance/blessing, and finally, her own feeling that she is ready to play. I believe she will take all of that under consideration and make her own considered decision. As long as she does that, (and I’m confident she will) then whatever choice she makes will be the right one. As a UConn fan, I’ll be happy either way. I don’t believe for a second that she will take chances with a future as bright as hers!

Reaction Score
My prediction: Paige comes off the bench for the first time at the beginning of the NCAA championship game. Hits her first two shots. The crowd goes wild, and the Huskies run away with the game.

Shades of Willis Reed, NBA finals, seventh game, 1970, New York Knicks win it all.

Reaction Score
Paige's dad wants her to wait until next season to play so maybe she should take her parent's advice! She can come back next season and win a championship before going pro.
Dad is a smart man! Everyone here wants Paige to play. Some in my opinion selfishly as a FAN not as a person who you may be. The question we all need to ask is, What's truly best for Paige and her future? My though and heart feels what's best is for her to wait.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Do I remember correctly that prior to Azzi committing to UConn, she and Paige posted some videos of their Covid restricted private practicing in MN and talking about their dream game ending heroics, and that Paige's version had her passing to Azzi for the winning shot?

Kind of speaks to her dish it out first mentality that at times last year frustrated a certain head coach who shall remain anonymous.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom