Starters:
Liv
CW
AM
Paige
AG.
Unless Edwards “takes” the last spot.

Reaction Score
AM and Edwards aren't even allowed in the country, so I think you can cross them off the list.

Reaction Score
Is Evina Westbrook healthy? And how is she possibly playing pf similar to what Meg Walker did?

If I assume she is healthy, I would say safest thing to do is

C-- Liv
PF - AGriffin
SF-- Evina Westbrook
SG-- CWill
PG-- Paige

Reaction Score
AM and Edwards aren't even allowed in the country, so I think you can cross them off the list.
Forgot about all that. You’re right. I also left Evina off oops.

Reaction Score
Is Evina Westbrook healthy? And how is she possibly playing pf similar to what Meg Walker did?

C-- Liv
PF - AGriffin
SF-- Evina Westbrook
SG-- CWill
PG-- Paige
I will take that. We gone be niceeeeeeee!

Reaction Score
How good is EW?

I've asked the same question. My guess is that she has a ceiling to be a POY candidate.
Or could be a non-All-American and can have knee issues.

Why did you agree with that other poster about kids coming from other countries? If they are going to play ball during the season they'll probably allow the kids in, won't they?

Reaction Score
I've asked the same question. My guess is that she has a ceiling to be a POY candidate.
Or could be a non-All-American and can have knee issues.

Why did you agree with that other poster about kids coming from other countries? If they are going to play ball during the season they'll probably allow the kids in, won't they?
I just agreed because we don’t know who will be making the decisions on foreign players/ students coming to the US. It may not be up to the school. I hope they are allowed back in the US.

Reaction Score
NOT at all trying to be a Debbie Downer but I could care less who starts. My prayers are that we have a start of the season. If we are so lucky I'll roll with whoever Geno puts on the floor. He's made a few good decisions in the past. ;)

Reaction Score
I am not convinced that Evina will start. She was a 40% shooter at Tenn and had 222 T/O's in just 2 seasons. Those numbers won't do well at UCONN.

Her last season with Tennessee she had an EFG% of 56.3%. Players that take a lot of 3's their FG% won't be as high. The stat to look at is EFG%.

Her last season - she had a decent assist-to-turnover ratio of 1.44 considering her team didn't have much of an offense.

Reaction Score
NOT at all trying to be a Debbie Downer but I could care less who starts. My prayers are that we have a start of the season. If we are so lucky I'll roll with whoever Geno puts on the floor. He's made a few good decisions in the past. ;)
Name your starting five does not necessarily translate to “I care who starts” All it is, is a guessing game we are playing. We also will roll with Coaches decisions as fans do until something goes wrong. Then we will pounce!!

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I‘m assuming the 3 returning starters (Nelson-Ododa, Williams & Makurat) will be starters again this coming season. I think Westbrook and Griffin will be the other two to begin the season. Westbrook should be completely healthy.

If she can’t go, I see Bueckers starting at the point, and learning as she goes. None of the incoming freshmen can have the impact on games the first half of the season that Griffin can. In addition, Griffin should know what she’s doing out there now, and can offer some guidance to the freshmen.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I am not convinced that Evina will start. She was a 40% shooter at Tenn and had 222 T/O's in just 2 seasons. Those numbers won't do well at UCONN.
At UT Evina was playing out of position. She is not a point guard and is probably our 4th option to handle the point so the TO's shouldn't be an issue. I imagine her shooting percentage will be better as she will not be creating her own shot off the bounce and will have a better shot selection. I expect that, if healthy, we will see at least an all BE candidate in Evina.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score

C-- Liv
PF - AGriffin
SF-- Evina Westbrook
SG-- CWill
PG-- Paige
Could be that on offense we don't see the typical 1 through 4 positioning. (Liv will be the 5 at both ends of the court unless she suddenly becomes Dirk) I am looking forward to seeing how this team runs the 4 out Princeton style come January. Too much speed an quickness with a great combination of slashers. Lots of opportunity for back door cuts and down screens.

On defense it's simpler, If you guard the other teams 2, then you're a 2; if its a 3 then you're a 3.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
November:
Code:
Starters    Bench
Christyn    Paige
Olivia      Aaliyah
Ania        Nika
Evina       Mir
Aubrey      Piath
All of the starters have experience in the UCONN system either in games or practice. The freshmen have no clue. Only Maya came ready to play per Geno himself.

March:
Code:
Starters    Bench
Olivia      Aubrey
Aaliyah     Paige
Ania        Nika
Evina       Mir
Christyn    Piath
Evina IS that good. She was ranked above Meg by some evaluation services. In any case she was either #1 or #2 in 2017. I am assuming Christyn will get her act together and play to her potential. Without Meg she may assume the go to role. Ania is the mature player on this team despite being a sophomore and Geno relishes this about her. Olivia is 6'5" tall. And with Aaliyah assuming the defensive post role (Boston beware) Olivia will be less foul prone. Aaliyah already has a pro type body. Also I can't see UCONN winning the NCAA championship without another post. Aaliyah runs the floor very well. She also has experience on the Canadian national team. If Christyn shows no improvement or Evina's knee is problematic then Paige starts.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Starters: Liv, Ania, Evina, CWill, Paige
First of Bench: AGriffin, Edwards

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Where will the rebounds come from other than Liv?
After 1/15/21 they will come from Aaliyah Edwards. Until then look to Aubrey Griffin. She has a knack for getting the ball.

Reaction Score
I‘m assuming the 3 returning starters (Nelson-Ododa, Williams & Makurat) will be starters again this coming season. I think Westbrook and Griffin will be the other two to begin the season. Westbrook should be completely healthy.

If she can’t go, I see Bueckers starting at the point, and learning as she goes. None of the incoming freshmen can have the impact on games the first half of the season that Griffin can. In addition, Griffin should know what she’s doing out there now, and can offer some guidance to the freshmen.

Paige is a better basketball player than AGriff. Paige will have an impact very early whether she starts or not. Though when 1st big game comes up- she should start - anyhow Paige is going to be among the top 10 lists of all-time husky greats during her career provided the virus goes away. She won't need to be "slow-played" more than a couple of games.

Think of how impressive Boston and Haley Jones were and Paige is at least very near their equal.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom