Let's be thankful. | The Boneyard

Let's be thankful.

Reaction Score
We UConn fans have much for which to be thankful!
1. We lost exactly one game each of the last two years.
2. We have two of the best recruits in America coming in next year.
3. We have enjoyed Kia & Gabby for 4 years of beautiful basketball.
4. We have some amazing players returning next year.
5. We still have Geno and CD.
6. A number of young players with great potential return.
7. With the returning players and the recruits the future looks very bright.
8. Though a different conference might be nice, the AAC affords many games in which to mature our players.
9. We have 11 national championships!
10. The fact that UConn doesn't just get penciled in as champions every year means that the world of women's basketball is taking steps forward. I for one am not more concerned about winning every game and every NC than seeing WBB get more competitive and become followed more.

I'm sorry Ezi isn't coming. I hate it that Z left. I wish we had won #12. But I do not believe we need "all the good players" to make it to the Final Four. We just need the kind of players we already have and the recruits who are coming. We need women of character. When someone doesn't come to UConn or leaves for some reason we have to believe that their heart was not in UConn or the UConn way. That's OK. I for one am thankful for the great year, even if it didn't end as I hoped. I am thankful for those recruits who are coming.

A wise man once said, “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today."

Reaction Score
Love this! Just because we aren’t favored to win doesn’t mean we can’t. We’re still on a very short list of teams that can win.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Thanks, Mag - we do need to remember that the sun WILL come out tomorrow, and UCWBB will still be awesome.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
A wise man once said, “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today."

It helps if we learn from our "yesterdays".

Reaction Score
No one expected UConn to win in 2013 (everyone had Baylor). We've got as good a shot as anyone next year with 3 of the best players in the country returning and a great recruiting class. It'll be fun to watch ND deal with the pressure for a change.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Thanks, Mag - we do need to remember that the sun WILL come out tomorrow, and UCWBB will still be awesome.
Maybe out there in Chicago, but have you looked at the forecast here in NE?

1l22f4.jpg

Reaction Score
I'm kinda looking forward to the team being able to over-achieve rather than either win every game (by a lot) or they've under-achieved

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom