Let's Assume SEC by 2015 | The Boneyard

Let's Assume SEC by 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

Home games with KY, FL, LSU, GA, TN in basketball - very good league with us in fold. For football fans we will have to play a game a year in@ MetLife. The Rent will need to increase by 30k.

Reaction Score
That's funny. Thanks for the laugh. No chance- better chance of Clemson and F State leaving for the SEC and opening up more spots in the ACC. Not counting on that either.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Same chance as UConn winning this years BE tournament and the NCAA's! My bet is the PAC!:)

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
2015!! Why so long away????? Let's do it now!!! lmao

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
I expected a boilerplate Kate Upton joke in this thread. I am pleasantly surprised.

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, you folks suffer from the CT affliction of zero creative thinking - the Vision Thing!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Quite frankly, you folks suffer from the CT affliction of zero creative thinking - the Vision Thing!

Yes UConn gets to pick their conference. If only those idiots in Storrs would realize they are 22 months from the SEC. A league that doesn't care about basketball and UConn would go 0-8 in football this season. I'm sure the invite is lost in the mail.

Reaction Score
I dunno what I'd do if we went to the SEC. I hate the conference and everyone in it--the coaches, the players, the schools--to hell with all of them.

Also, what the hell does that say about our commitment to academics? I, for one, would be quite unhappy with such a move.

Reaction Score
Even the B1G is a pipe dream at this point... But at least it would make some sense... Geography, strong football conference with nothing to prove on that front, made up of state schools with strong academics... They are expanding east only for markets. Rutgers plus uconn takes care of that and marginalizes BC, which is all but irrelevant anyway.

I admit that I hold out hope for these reasons. Uconn brings a lot athletically outside of football, very good at everything... And excellent basketball, top ten men, best womens program. Not to mention a bunch of other great programs, soccer is one to note given the B1G is quite good at that.. And the geographic footprint in New England.

I know I'm a homer, but if uconn were admitted to the B1G, I think it would only take a few years for them to make an obvious jump over BC in football recruiting. More importantly on the surface it makes sense, state school, state name.

Anyway... It's a realistic dream should the B1G go to 16 while the SEC and Big 12 are aggressive in taking away the more attractive southern state schools

Reaction Score
Uconn football in the sec? thats like a go kart in the indy 500. We didnt do much in the big east in football and you expect to go to a conference thats loaded with national title winners and contenders every year:confused:
we`re better off staying where we are and not having our football team embarassed on a weekly basis. basketball we can hang with the big boys. heck we are the big boys. but football which is what all this realignment is all about? please.
i saw that notre dame is joining the acc in basketball but not football. hmmm? so the acc would rather add nd for basketball but doesnt get them for football when you can have uconn who is far better in basketball and can put a football team in the conference also? i smell an agenda.

Reaction Score
Uconn football in the sec? thats like a go kart in the indy 500. We didnt do much in the big east in football and you expect to go to a conference thats loaded with national title winners and contenders every year:confused:
we`re better off staying where we are and not having our football team embarassed on a weekly basis. basketball we can hang with the big boys. heck we are the big boys. but football which is what all this realignment is all about? please.
i saw that notre dame is joining the acc in basketball but not football. hmmm? so the acc would rather add nd for basketball but doesnt get them for football when you can have uconn who is far better in basketball and can put a football team in the conference also? i smell an agenda.

Of course they are desperate for ND. And if they don't get them, their conference in football will become what the big east has been. Which is probably the most likely scenario really...Miami FSU Va Tech UNC are the big fish obviously... All three pus more will leave pst Maryland lawsuit. And then we will be inAcc that looks a lot like the Big East. This is why we cross fingers for B1G

Also, if you want to build a program in any sport, you have to be embarrassed for a while. I know that building in football is much harder than basketball, with added difficulty being in the northeast and having actual classes kids must attend... But you have to start somewhere. No one would have said in early 80s that uconn basketball would be what it is, wouldn't have given us a chance.

Reaction Score
Acc or bust and wait to that busts... B1G is a pipe dream and sec % is .oooooooooooooooo47

Reaction Score
Acc or bust and wait to that busts... B1G is a pipe dream and sec % is .oooooooooooooooo47
and here someone will add the obligatory 'so there's a chance' reference from dumb and dumber.

Am i missing something or did this rumour really start from someone writing a hypothetical in an article cause my head is about to explode?

Reaction Score
To jump back in on this. Where does this rank in all time most ridiculous titles on a Connecticut board?

"Let's Assume SEC by 2015"...

Wow.

Chief, I saw on the CR board you were suggestion you "called" this. If UConn ended up going to the SEC, I will write a heartfelt letter to Warde Manuel about the virtues of Clyde Vaughn, and, if you want, stop defending Dyson.

C

Chief00

I don't really understand the attraction to the ACC, the SEC is much grander in scale. In 5 years the ACC will be all the schools that left the Big East high and dry. By then UNC will have left.

C

Chief00

To jump back in on this. Where does this rank in all time most ridiculous titles on a Connecticut board?

"Let's Assume SEC by 2015"...

Wow.

Chief, I saw on the CR board you were suggestion you "called" this. If UConn ended up going to the SEC, I will write a heartfelt letter to Warde Manuel about the virtues of Clyde Vaughn, and, if you want, stop defending Dyson.
You forgot in mid August 2011 I predicted Drummond would attend UConn that season. Nobody believed my sources. Actually the SEC has been looking at UConn for almost a year.

Reaction Score
Yes UConn gets to pick their conference. If only those idiots in Storrs would realize they are 22 months from the SEC. A league that doesn't care about basketball and UConn would go 0-8 in football this season. I'm sure the invite is lost in the mail.
We could have held are own against Vandy and UK. If we ever end up in the SEC I hope we can play round robin vs Vandy and UK for a few years.

Reaction Score
You forgot in mid August 2011 I predicted Drummond would attend UConn that season. Nobody believed my sources. Actually the SEC has been looking at UConn for almost a year.
I do remember you saying that. But just because you said something, and then that something turned out to be true, does not mean you had any insider knowledge (or, more politely, that your source did).

But, if UConn ends up in the SEC (which I do not believe they will), I'll say you have a source somewhere--this is just too crazy.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
We could have held are own against Vandy and UK. If we ever end up in the SEC I hope we can play round robin vs Vandy and UK for a few years.

Yeah last year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc