Leticia Romero | The Boneyard

Leticia Romero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I had a game dvr'ed that I hadn't watched this winter with K-State playing Kansas in January. I didn't remember watching Leticia play before so I decided to watch it last night.

Leticia reminds of how Shoni is playing right now for Atlanta. She was driving inside and dishing out passes to wide open teammates. The problem was that her teammates weren't hitting the shots. A lot like Skylar was doing last season with Tulsa. She finally had to start taking shots herself when it was way too late but was hitting almost all of them.

I can see why she might want to leave K-State especially if the coaching staff she liked was fired.

Whoever gets her is going to be a lucky team. UCONN or ND?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
PS: I can see how K-State didn't want to let her get away without a fight.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Both Kentucky and Louisville are pursuing Romero.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I am glad that good programs have interest in her. She will do well.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Shoni has played 4 games in the pros and is in 2nd place for assists.

That says it all.

She is also 2nd place in total turnovers.

Anyway, I was joking. She is very good. Even with all the turnovers her assist-turnover ration is still 1.7, which isn't bad at all.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
She was on campus some time this past week, I think Sunday/Monday. I do not know what our chances are of landing her, but FWIW, Coach Sam has recently started tweeting in spanish.

Reaction Score
She's in Tallahasee & has other visits scheduled.

Reaction Score
I watched Leticia Romero play about 10 games on T.V. last year and was amazed at how good she was as a freshman. She is very tall for a point guard. About 6'0, but she can do it all. She is a true gem, and could start for any of the top 10 Div 1 programs.

Reaction Score
I watched Leticia Romero play about 10 games on T.V. last year and was amazed at how good she was as a freshman. She is very tall for a point guard. About 6'0, but she can do it all. She is a true gem, and could start for any of the top 10 Div 1 programs.
Pair her with either Stewart (UCONN) or Jewell (ND) and it would be pretty awesome to watch.

What campus was she on this week?

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
Pair her with either Stewart (UCONN) or Jewell (ND) and it would be pretty awesome to watch.

Sorry, Louisville fan here.
She was on campus at Louisville early this week.
Coach Sam W is one of the assistants who has tweeted a bit in spanish lately.

Reaction Score
No problem. Shoni's doing an awesome job for a rookie. Look at most of the other's. Shoni and Chiney haven't lost a step since they went pro. The rest are still finding their way.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Bria has had a great start, speaking of rookies!

Reaction Score

She's been at UK, UL, FSU & others.

Reaction Score
She's been at UK, UL, FSU & others.
Maybe this is a sign that WCBB is getting bigger. The girl can definitely take a program to a higher level.

Reaction Score
No problem. Shoni's doing an awesome job for a rookie. Look at most of the other's. Shoni and Chiney haven't lost a step since they went pro. The rest are still finding their way.
I'm sure she's your adopted daughter or a love child from a relationship a long while ago, right??? Just kidding but boy, are you selling her ability here! If you're not her agent, you should be. You're totally relentless with praise for her. I think she's good but she sounds like a WNBA Hall of Famer having played only a few games, based on your reviews.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I think she would be much better off at UL than at UK, with its revolving door of assistant coaches and consistent underachievement.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Like I said...I was joking. Wow, tough crowd.
seems that you go against the grains too much and/or plays devil's advocate and some are tired of it.

and your profile picture doesnt help... "seriously" (I dont know what it is but it ignites something imo)

Reaction Score
As far as I was concerned he read too much into my reply. I enjoy his(?) posts.

Oops. Thought it was the Texas guy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member