Leticia chooses South Carolina... | The Boneyard

Leticia chooses South Carolina...

Reaction Score
Our chances of getting Boston just went up...I doubt they would pick they same school.
I never thought Boston would choose South Carolina, but Amihere seems to be more of a 4 where as Boston a 5.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Congrats to Dawn and Laeticia! I think people have noticed Wilson's success, which is helping Dawn's recruiting.
Go Dawn! However Amihere is far more raw than Wilson. Also Dawn is going to have her big on the perimeter more than she's used too. They both have some work to do.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Amihere strikes me as a taller version of FSU’s Shakayla Thomas. Obviously she has tremendous ability in the paint. The evaluations on her suggest she needs to work to develop her face up game on offense.

At one time, she was clearly on UConn’s radar, but the Huskies backed off, possibly because they signed Liv and felt real good about Aliyah. It will be interesting to see where her game is after sitting out her junior year with an injury.

Reaction Score
Are we going to have a one-recruit class again? This is really pins and needles stuff. Need to run the table with the only two top recruits in the nation still unsigned.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Are we going to have a one-recruit class again? This is really pins and needles stuff. Need to run the table with the only two top recruits in the nation still unsigned.
relax.png

Reaction Score
South Carolina has a very nice class.....#7, #10, & #13. Also in the running for Jackson #9

Reaction Score
South Carolina has a very nice class.....#7, #10, & #13. Also in the running for Jackson #9

Hoping very hard on Jackson.

I think landing her will cement a very athletic and skilled team going forward.

I still think we are missing another post, but I think it's manageable without.

This class will probably ensure that Coach doesn't have to field too many lineups with offensive holes at positions. Shooting might still be a question, but everyone on the floor should be able to score at a high level.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Laeticia will prove to be closer to the #2 she was ranked before her ACL injury.
Amihere is a great rebounder and defender. If she develops her offensive game you’re correct. But right now Amihere does most of her scoring within 5 ft of the basket.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Patience!

Reaction Score
Amihere is a great rebounder and defender. If she develops her offensive game you’re correct. But right now Amihere does most of her scoring within 5 ft of the basket.

I disagree, with her scoring being sorely 5 ft in. I’m pretty sure we all watched her play in the u19 worlds and she clearly has a face up game away from the rim. She even hit a couple three pointers. In her game versus 6’10” China center Xu Hun she displayed an array of moves away from the basket and driving to the rim. I too am curious to see how she looks after her injury but her coach said she looks stronger than before so I will take his word for it and hope she comes back better than ever.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I disagree, with her scoring being sorely 5 ft in. I’m pretty sure we all watched her play in the u19 worlds and she clearly has a face up game away from the rim. She even hit a couple three pointers. In her game versus 6’10” China center Xu Hun she displayed an array of moves away from the basket and driving to the rim. I too am curious to see how she looks after her injury but her coach said she looks stronger than before so I will take his word for it and hope she comes back better than ever.
According to FIBA’s website, Amihere was 36/67 from the floor, 10/25 from the FT line and she took exactly 0 shots from the 3-pt line for the entire tournament. I think you may mis-remember her 3-pt shooting.

Reaction Score
According to FIBA’s website, Amihere was 36/67 from the floor, 10/25 from the FT line and she took exactly 0 shots from the 3-pt line for the entire tournament. I think you may mis-remember her 3-pt shooting.

I guess her foot was on the line :rolleyes:;).

Reaction Score

10/25 from the FT line suggests that there is still a lot to do with her ability to score away from the basket.

Reaction Score
Amihere strikes me as a taller version of FSU’s Shakayla Thomas. Obviously she has tremendous ability in the paint. The evaluations on her suggest she needs to work to develop her face up game on offense.

At one time, she was clearly on UConn’s radar, but the Huskies backed off, possibly because they signed Liv and felt real good about Aliyah. It will be interesting to see where her game is after sitting out her junior year with an injury.

They backed off like most schools due to her injury .

Reaction Score
Hmmmm. She can learn all the secrets from the US National Team coach and then go back and tell the Canadians. :rolleyes:
Yea, you got that one. Just like Kia. Canadian player (women) have done well by US colleges and gave back as much as they got. Langolis (Seaton Hall), Kelly Shoe (Uconn) (maybe a displaced American to Canada to Uconn), Kia (Uconn) and many other. Those Canadians are nice people and tough competitors.
thanks

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom