Let The UCLA Chat begin

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I still fret about Pheesa
Nagging injury?
Loss of confidence?
Little of both?
The bolded one strikes me as kind of made up. Napheesa spoiled us last year by shooting almost 68% for the season. So far this year she is not shooting nearly as well that's likely due to the injury and a changed UCONN offense. Napheesa is also a quiet smooth assassin , I'm not sure how any of us could tell she has lost confidence.

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
For anyone who missed the Baylor game, a nice little highlight reel of Jordin Canada:

Reaction Score
Im not really concerned about this game. It will be tuff no doubt about it because its at UCLA. However UCLA has to defend one on one against UConn and I dont see them winning. We may not win by 25 but we will win by double digets. UConn will make it hard for Billings and Canada. The UConn defense is devastating and UCLA will not be running free wheel. I know alot of you are concerned about this game and the Texas game but dont be. I also know we are not running on all cylinders on offense yet and we have 2 major injuries. UConn runs a system and we should be fine. UConn by 20+.
You had me worried there for a second---2 injuries--. The bit about cylinders I believe is why Z got more time in the MD game and more pull outs for instructions. Also, in these past 3 games he used Molly, Walker and occasionally AEH against the opponents first string. Geno was looking ahead. He preps better than anyone. As in the Duke game with DT--he got the Duke Crazies after him big time to get them from effecting the team.

Reaction Score
No concern about this game at all. It's a regular season game. The worst thing that could happen (excluding injury) is UConn loses a regular season non-conference game. UConn will still win the AAC, will still make the NCAA tournament (Probably a 1 seed but worst case a 2) and will coast to the elite 8 game. This game is a good early season test for both teams, nothing more, nothing less. Win or lose, this game will have little impact on UConn's goal of winning a national championship.
I like your spin--but spin it is---it is something I would say--but my truth is --I HATE LOSING>

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I do like this quote from Kelly Graves:

I'm hoping for a great game tonight, and a great showcase for women's college basketball in one of the most hallowed halls of the sport. Geno senses that it has the potential to be just that.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Another Fed employee, don't wake them; they may start working on your taxes--
That was very unnecessary. Due to a medical condition, I have to take an authorized nap in the nurse office, and it's not a fun condition. Who said where I work?

Reaction Score
I said this early this year: J.Canada is the best PG in nation. I think Durr is near the top for shooting guard.
Canada will put Dangerfield to the test tonight. We will see how Dangerfield holds up and competes. I hope for a good old fashion shoot out.
I also hope Azura matches up and goes toe to toe with Billings (I do not want Gabby getting in foul trouble against Billings).

Any word on NaPheesa's hip/thigh? Is she injured?

Reaction Score
I'll be going dark tomorrow, headed off on a 3 plus hour drive to Missoula and my final check on the detached retina repair. I'll be watching the game on line from a hotel room (ESPN only, I checked). I do see a victory just a couple points off Tonyc's prognostication.

Best wishes for the check-up. May the UConn game "seal" the deal on your retina!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Best wishes for the check-up. May the UConn game "seal" the deal on your retina!

Super dilated right now, but thanks, and Doc says it has healed completely and perfectly. But, now, whenever I feel a real big sneeze coming I think: was this the cause?? Go Huskies, put the Bruins in hibernation!

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I still fret about Pheesa
Nagging injury?
Loss of confidence?
Little of both?
I'll join with you on the fretting over a nagging injury.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I said this early this year: J.Canada is the best PG in nation. I think Durr is near the top for shooting guard.
Canada will put Dangerfield to the test tonight. We will see how Dangerfield holds up and competes. I hope for a good old fashion shoot out.
I also hope Azura matches up and goes toe to toe with Billings (I do not want Gabby getting in foul trouble against Billings).

It is a foot injury from the Italy trip. Geno mentioned it in a recent video. it is lingering.

Reaction Score
That was very unnecessary. Due to a medical condition, I have to take an authorized nap in the nurse office, and it's not a fun condition. Who said where I work?
It is a foot injury from the Italy trip. Geno mentioned it in a recent video. it is lingeri\

Because of my military service and disability--I don't "listen" to Geno's video's without captioning. Since there is no way for me to know of your situations --it was not an insult unless you think being a Fed Employee is an insult.
So due to my Many medical conditions I was un aware of your condition. And I was responding to what was posted by the former poster. I empathetic for anyone with medical issues--I spend much to much time in VA hospitals and Clinics and see the true cost of WARS--so I have sympathy. I am not able to read minds. So you can empathize with me and I with you--
People here are aware of my hearing loss, not how it happened nor my other disabilities. They are personal, as yours our. I don't expect you too know. So while I empathize with your condition please don't take to task for not knowing. \\
If you follow me--it was in fun with not insult intended, again unless you think being a Fed is insulting--then I'll be insulted.\ Have a good day
SCBEAR---what do you think of "injuries" that have lasted over 60 years-with associated pain?. But unlike empathetic uncle Geno--Uncle S. isn't always so.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

:D You took a nap at work?:eek: Where is your UCONN work ethic?:oops::D
Another Fed employee, don't wake them; they may start working on your taxes-A
Above are the 3 postings. No mention of Uconn or Geno, no mention of an injury, until your reply.\'
The comment you call unnecessary was to BS Bearcat--not you--again, from my former posting, no insult thrust at you--unless you think being a fed employee is an insult. My pain from my "military injury" has lasted since 1951--should we want to compare injuries;; \Get me on conversations.\My loss of hearing is near complete as some here in know. But I knew nothing of your ankle or leg Italy injury--as you didn't know of my Korean War injury.

Reaction Score
Thanks. If this is the case I have Cox and may not have ESPNU. Too bad.
Check your cable lineup. ESPNU is often buried next to ESPN News in a different set of channel numbers. My ESPN and ESPN2 get low channel numbers like 35 and 36, but ESPNU and News are in the 200s and if you didn't bother to look for it, you would never know you had it.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

I agree that Canada is the best PG, but Crystal outshot and outscored her tonight. Danger is going to be great. She's already pretty damn good.

Reaction Score
I agree that Canada is the best PG, but Crystal outshot and outscored her tonight. Danger is going to be great. She's already pretty damn good.
Dangerfield is certainly in the running right now. Ionescu is a sophomore right? So I have Dangerfield, T.Harris and Ionescu as future AA

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom