Let The UCLA Chat begin | The Boneyard

Let The UCLA Chat begin

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
UConn, Geno Auriemma Prepare To Visit John Wooden's Home

Sample: “I don’t know that there’s many more athletic teams anywhere in the country,” Auriemma said. “Monique Billings, she’s ridiculous. I marvel when I watch her play on tape or in person. … She’s aggressive, she’s athletic, she plays hard, she’s a competitor. She’s a lot of things, and she’s a great free throw shooter, so you can’t foul her. She’s a handful. This will be the first time in a while that Gabby’s going to face somebody that’s right there with her, athletically.”

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Another interesting subplot for tomorrow's game:

Nation's longest home winning streak: UConn
Second-longest home winning streak: UCLA (32 games)

UCLA's last loss at home was on Nov. 22, 2015, to South Carolina (68-65).

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
UCLA's last loss at home was on Nov. 22, 2015, to South Carolina (68-65).
Now that was a good game even though I thought it would be higher scoring. Sessions couldn't handle Canada at all. It was a precursor to what Mo would do to her later.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Im not really concerned about this game. It will be tuff no doubt about it because its at UCLA. However UCLA has to defend one on one against UConn and I dont see them winning. We may not win by 25 but we will win by double digets. UConn will make it hard for Billings and Canada. The UConn defense is devastating and UCLA will not be running free wheel. I know alot of you are concerned about this game and the Texas game but dont be. I also know we are not running on all cylinders on offense yet and we have 2 major injuries. UConn runs a system and we should be fine. UConn by 20+.

Reaction Score
Im not really concerned about this game. It will be tuff no doubt about it because its at UCLA. However UCLA has to defend one on one against UConn and I dont see them winning. We may not win by 25 but we will win by double digets. UConn will make it hard for Billings and Canada. The UConn defense is devastating and UCLA will not be running free wheel. I know alot of you are concerned about this game and the Texas game but dont be. I also know we are not running on all cylinders on offense yet and we have 2 major injuries. UConn runs a system and we should be fine. UConn by 20+.

Tony if you ever predict that UConn is going to lose a game I'm going to place a very large wager..........

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I'll be going dark tomorrow, headed off on a 3 plus hour drive to Missoula and my final check on the detached retina repair. I'll be watching the game on line from a hotel room (ESPN only, I checked). I do see a victory just a couple points off Tonyc's prognostication.

Reaction Score
Which ESPN? I'm looking at espn, 2 & 3 and not seeing anything remotely UConn on it.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Does UCLA play mostly man defense? If so, no problem.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I still fret about Pheesa
Nagging injury?
Loss of confidence?
Little of both?

Reaction Score
I'll be going dark tomorrow, headed off on a 3 plus hour drive to Missoula and my final check on the detached retina repair. I'll be watching the game on line from a hotel room (ESPN only, I checked). I do see a victory just a couple points off Tonyc's prognostication.
good luck on the check-up Rocky. While you're there, ask the opthamologist about Lou's foot and Batouly's knee....

Reaction Score
For those who have an interest, Uconn is 16.5 point favorite tonight vs UCLA. This is subject
to change by game time.

Reaction Score
Good luck to you.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
This is a late game, so I took a nap to be able to watch this game. I probably take another nap after work. UCLA will be a tough team with a few athletic players. According to Geno, Gabby will guard Billings and Crystal will guard Canada. I informed my family that UConn will be playing tonight, because I will be loud and the house will be rocking. I also have my halls for my throat, because I will be doing a lot of screaming. I have my heating pad on deck too....I will be moving a lot.

Reaction Score
Massey has UConn by 12
Sagarin has UConn by 10 (with the 3 pt Home Court advantage figured in)
given the circumstances (jet lag; no Lou) these sound right to me, which means it could come down to who's hot and who's not.

Reaction Score
If Napheesa plays like she did last year, it will make the game much easier for UConn. It will be a fairly close game, but Napheesa could alleviate a lot of the nervousness of some UConn fans. UConn 86-76.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
This is a late game, so I took a nap to be able to watch this game. I probably take another nap after work. UCLA will be a tough team with a few athletic players. According to Geno, Gabby will guard Billings and Crystal will guard Canada. I informed my family that UConn will be playing tonight, because I will be loud and the house will be rocking. I also have my halls for my throat, because I will be doing a lot of screaming. I have my heating pad on deck too....I will be moving a lot.

:D You took a nap at work?:eek: Where is your UCONN work ethic?:oops::D

Reaction Score
I have a considerable amount of concern about this game. Time difference, adverse venue, our thin bench and vulnerability to possible home cooking by the referees are some of the reasons. Senior leadership and UCLA's win over Baylor are legit.

Reaction Score
No concern about this game at all. It's a regular season game. The worst thing that could happen (excluding injury) is UConn loses a regular season non-conference game. UConn will still win the AAC, will still make the NCAA tournament (Probably a 1 seed but worst case a 2) and will coast to the elite 8 game. This game is a good early season test for both teams, nothing more, nothing less. Win or lose, this game will have little impact on UConn's goal of winning a national championship.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom