Let the carnage begin-Paradise Jam | The Boneyard

Let the carnage begin-Paradise Jam

Reaction Score
1574956614561.png

Funny tournament that the games are already set. #1 Oregon gets Ok State, #8 L'ville, & UTA while #2 Baylor gets #5 South Carolina, #17 Indiana, and Washington State. I guess they don't want conference teams to play each other since there are two Pac 12 and two Big 12 teams. I wonder how they determine who wins, but no matter what there will only be st most 2 undefeated teams left after the torunament.

Reaction Score
View attachment 48649

Funny tournament that the games are already set. #1 Oregon gets Ok State, #8 L'ville, & UTA while #2 Baylor gets #5 South Carolina, #17 Indiana, and Washington State. I guess they don't want conference teams to play each other since there are two Pac 12 and two Big 12 teams. I wonder how they determine who wins, but no matter what there will only be st most 2 undefeated teams left after the torunament.
It’s really two separate tournaments. It would be so much more exciting if they got rid of Washington State and Oklahoma State (to eliminate even the possibility of two conference games) and replaced them with maybe like one team from two of the SEC, Big East, or AAC team and turned it into a legit eight team tournament. Still two really, really good fields, but I have a hard time saying Baylor and Oregon are in the same tournament field when there is a 0% chance of them playing each other.

I would assume there is one winner in each division?

Reaction Score
I watched Washington State play vs Boise State, and, Washington State is no pushover. WSU's #1 scorer is prolific. And, they have a fine point guard.

Reaction Score
Fixed schedules are used often in these "tournaments". At the "Victoria" there is the possibility of Stanford playing Miss St. I think many coaches prefer avoiding "big games" in these affairs.
If the NCAA's weren't the be-all & end-all of wcbb there could be more great matchups but the RPI/SOS rules most coach's plans.

Reaction Score
Fixed schedules are used often in these "tournaments". At the "Victoria" there is the possibility of Stanford playing Miss St. I think many coaches prefer avoiding "big games" in these affairs.
If the NCAA's weren't the be-all & end-all of wcbb there could be more great matchups but the RPI/SOS rules most coach's plans.
I think that tournament replaced the Vancouver Showcase from last year which ND beat Orewgon State in the final after OSU beat South Carolina in the semis. That was a great tourney last year, but these others just seem like getting preset games together in the same location. I was wondering how many are like Paradise jam vs the Canadian approach.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I think that tournament replaced the Vancouver Showcase from last year which ND beat Orewgon State in the final after OSU beat South Carolina in the semis. That was a great tourney last year, but these others just seem like getting preset games together in the same location. I was wondering how many are like Paradise jam vs the Canadian approach.
Yes, the Victoria Invitational is the successor to the Vancouver Showcase. Reportedly there was a loss of local sponsorship that forced the move.

There are three "win and advance" style tournaments:
Victoria Invitational (8 teams)
Gulf Coast Showcase (8 teams)
Junkanoo Jam (2 divisions of 4 teams each)

As far as I can tell, all the others are round robins with predetermined matchups.

Reaction Score

The math says you should play the big games. Losing isn't a big deal.

Reaction Score
Watching Baylor and Washington state.

WSU has the most interesting team names. They are playing hard, just out matched.

Baylor has a lot of depth. I like the quickness and explosiveness of Egbo a lot. She brings a much different dimension to the game than what K. Brown did. She seems to be getting more comfortable.

Jordyn Oliver has had some impressive moments on the defensive end.

I have been pleasantly surprised with Bickle. Just extremely active all over the court. Gritty player.

Reaction Score
Watching Baylor and Washington state.

WSU has the most interesting team names. They are playing hard, just out matched.

Baylor has a lot of depth. I like the quickness and explosiveness of Egbo a lot. She brings a much different dimension to the game than what K. Brown did. She seems to be getting more comfortable.

Jordyn Oliver has had some impressive moments on the defensive end.

I have been pleasantly surprised with Bickle. Just extremely active all over the court. Gritty player.

Richards keeping WSU's leading scorer at 0!!

Reaction Score
Is that zero factorial? Not sure what number that is.
it's now 15...

a shame that WSU has no one outside of Molina and Hristova, because those two can play. Combined 40 points on 15/27 shooting.

Reaction Score
it's now 15...

a shame that WSU has no one outside of Molina and Hristova, because those two can play. Combined 40 points on 15/27 shooting.

Yea they moved her to the 4 which got Richards off her.

Reaction Score
I'm not watching the game, but in man defense why does it matter what position your mark is playing on offense? Defenders guard players out of their own offensive position all the time???
Exactly. Richards wasn't playing the 1 when she was guarding Sabrina lol.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I'm not watching the game, but in man defense why does it matter what position your mark is playing on offense? Defenders guard players out of their own offensive position all the time???
Had to preserve the narrative at all cost.

Reaction Score

Not when you have 2 post players that can't guard smaller player. They had 3 short guards on the floor with her on the floor. Was Egbo or Smith going to guard the those players? @Plebe I'm sure you were watching. So in this context my point is valid.

Reaction Score
Mulkey wanted Didi to defend the pg in the second half. She was trying some new combinations on d. Didn't see the game so I don't know who the pg for Washington St was but that is what Didi said.

Reaction Score
Out of the 8, we are down to 3 undefeated and we are guaranteed to lose one more tomorrow with Oregon vs L'ville. If SC can upset Baylor, there will only be one. We will see.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom