Let’s dance | The Boneyard

Let’s dance

Reaction Score
Forgot how this felt. A depressing loss in the conference tournament but you are heading to the NCAA Tournament anyway. Usually I get over the loss the next day and start looking forward to the big dance. . A few that come to mind...2003 Big East Championship game where we got blown out by Pitt. The 6 OT game, and the 2014 AAC Championship game vs Louisville.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Forgot how this felt. A depressing loss in the conference tournament but you are heading to the NCAA Tournament anyway. Usually I get over the loss the next day and start looking forward to the big dance. . A few that come to mind...2003 Big East Championship game where we got blown out by Pitt. The 6 OT game, and the 2014 AAC Championship game vs Louisville.
Got harassed by Louisville fans a row behind us at the 2014 AAC championship game. Sucked. Got hammered on Beale St. after, ran into them, and made sure they knew we were winning it all.

we did.

Reaction Score
Definitely a bit deflating tonight. But we are still heading to the tournament after a long drought. Team is on the rise.

Creighton is good as well. No shame.
I'm not sure how good Creighton really is. maybe with a favorable draw they get to the sweet 16, maybe. I think Uconn has a much higher tournament ceiling - did not play a good game at all tonight.

I think post NCAAs we will look back on this season and wonder how UCONN lost to Creighton 3x

Reaction Score
I thought they needed 2 wins minimum in the BET and 2 in the dance to call this a good run. They fizzled out in the BET and we will likely have an awful seed in the dance. It'll be a long week off. Blew a big lead in the 1st half and another lead in the 2nd half. They should have been able to take control of this game but they couldn't.

Reaction Score
This was a big loss. With a win we were almost locked in as a 6 seed or better. The 6 line is exactly where we wanted to be.

Now we're looking at a 7, maybe even an 8. That means a team comfortably in the field in Round 1 and maybe an Iowa or Ohio State in Round 2.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Losses hurt. But the way everyone around here implodes after a loss in a competitive game against a good team is bad for the program.

Let’s go dancing.

I’m pissed because we lost an extremely winnable game. But I’m still high on this team. I don’t expect 90% of our players to play flat next game.

Reaction Score
I’m pissed because we lost an extremely winnable game. But I’m still high on this team. I don’t expect 90% of our players to play flat next game.
I don’t really care about how winnable it was, we have been competitive with this top 10 team consistently. I didn’t care about winning for the seeding, just their confidence in their ability to grind out a tough game against a tough team like that.

It’s so late now that I don’t think individual wins and losses change anything much.

Reaction Score
This was a big loss. With a win we were almost locked in as a 6 seed or better. The 6 line is exactly where we wanted to be.

Now we're looking at a 7, maybe even an 8. That means a team comfortably in the field in Round 1 and maybe an Iowa or Ohio State in Round 2.
You've been consistently pessimistic about this team's tourney chances for 3 months so I think you just need to subtract 1 from whatever your thinking is about seeds

Reaction Score
I thought they needed 2 wins minimum in the BET and 2 in the dance to call this a good run. They fizzled out in the BET and we will likely have an awful seed in the dance. It'll be a long week off. Blew a big lead in the 1st half and another lead in the 2nd half. They should have been able to take control of this game but they couldn't.
Because they played a quality team with experience

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!?!?

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Selection Sunday comin' and we finally will give a ^%&!!!!!

We will survive the first weekend.

Reaction Score
I think post NCAAs we will look back on this season and wonder how UCONN lost to Creighton 3x

Think it's pretty simple. Creighton are a solid good, well coached team. You'll have to beat them, they will not give the game to you.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I felt bummed after losing a big game I expected to win.

I like that feeling. Better than being numb to it all

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom