Lest we forget: The Icewoman Cometh in 2022! | The Boneyard

Lest we forget: The Icewoman Cometh in 2022!

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Physically Isuneh Brady appears to be cut from the same cloth as Aaliyah Edwards.

1605634123886.png

Reaction Score
With all due respect to Edwards, who I believe is going to be a heck of a player and I have been singing her praises for a while now, but Brady is just a different beast physically than Edwards. Brady is built so solidly and has such a strong lower body she doesn't get moved off her spot, she is the best back to the basket recruit that UConn has had in a long time.

Bajan Best

Decades of Excellence = Legendary
Reaction Score
With all due respect to Edwards, who I believe is going to be a heck of a player and I have been singing her praises for a while now, but Brady is just a different beast physically than Edwards. Brady is built so solidly and has such a strong lower body she doesn't get moved off her spot, she is the best back to the basket recruit that UConn has had in a long time.
I hope you are ready to eat some crow :) Edwards has already been tested against WNBA players and came away with a passing grade or at least held her own playing for team Canada, who exactly has Ice Brady tested her physicality against? And furthermore, you spot Edwards a year in the UConn Program getting Stronger and faster and you think Ice Brady will better than Edwards come 2 years from now? I'll take that bet and raise you $1000 all due respect :)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Brady has some scary good comparisons IMO.
You mention the back to the basket move which are the best since Morgan Tuck .
Her faceup game might be even stronger, comparable to junior year A'Ja Wilson with much better range.
Her passing from the high post is comparable to ONO=very very good.
The one area where she does compare very favorably to Aliyah Edwards is in mobility.
Defensive she is very cerebral and kind of the anti-ONO. She is plenty athletic but she blocks shots by moving her feet and being tall vs swatting down.
It is going to be fun having two front court players that mobile & versatile.

Reaction Score
I hope you are ready to eat some crow :) Edwards has already been tested against WNBA players and came away with a passing grade or at least held her own playing for team Canada, who exactly has Ice Brady tested her physicality against? And furthermore, you spot Edwards a year in the UConn Program getting Stronger and faster and you think Ice Brady will better than Edwards come 2 years from now? I'll take that bet and raise you $1000 all due respect :)

Did I say she was going to be a better player than Edwards? No, I said she is physically stronger, it takes all of a 30 second look at each one of them to understand that Brady is by far the stronger and more physical player. She had a borderline WNBA body as a sophomore in HS!

Reaction Score
Do you think of her in the Tina Charles realm?

Reaction Score
Regardless of who winds up being stronger etc., it is nice to have a couple of bigs in Edwards and Brady that have the ability to bang down low. Neither Liv nor Amari are that kind of player, and we have generally been undersized, or going small ball at the 4, so this is a trait we have been missing for awhile. It also is a nice contrast that compliments a lean mobile shot-blocker. I guess we can hope that Piath might be able to use her bulk effectively down low too, but that remains to be seen.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I wouldn't go that far. UCONN needs to keep adding talent because even the addition of Azzi did not put UCONN beyond reach IMO. South Carolina for example could equal or surpass the UCONN talent by sticking with just in state talent by adding Watkins in '22 and Malaysia Fulwiley in '23. Additionally I believe that one of our South Carolina posters has confirmed that both Patterson and Maya Nnaji have been offered by South Carolina. ND could return to prominence by adding in state Patterson and Betts in '22. Betts would fit nicely with her former U16 teammates Miles and Citron. ( Hopefully no ND fans are reading this). Betts and Gardiner have both been linked to Stanford and Tara doesn't need much but that would be a mother load.

Reaction Score
Seeing the players we added this season, signed for next season, and have committed the season after that... I just think of the the TASSK Force we had. Tamika, Swin, and Asjha.... they worked so well together... and they had a season with Schuey.... I cannot wait to see all our bigs out there together....

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Has she committed to UConn, or is this wishful thinking? It's hard to keep up.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Did I say she was going to be a better player than Edwards? No, I said she is physically stronger, it takes all of a 30 second look at each one of them to understand that Brady is by far the stronger and more physical player. She had a borderline WNBA body as a sophomore in HS!

Edwards is more physical than you probably think:

Reaction Score
Seeing the players we added this season, signed for next season, and have committed the season after that... I just think of the the TASSK Force we had. Tamika, Swin, and Asjha.... they worked so well together... and they had a season with Schuey.... I cannot wait to see all our bigs out there together....
The WCBB landscape is a lot different now. A lot more schools taking the sport seriously and a much deeper pool of talent being spread around to more schools. When The Big Three were here, they were just so much better than any other trio in the game. That kind of talent gap between the top dog and everyone else probably will never happen again.

Reaction Score
Edwards is more physical than you probably think:

No, I totally understand how physical Edwards is, I have been posting about her strength since July 15th in the July recruiting thread.

Bajan Best

Decades of Excellence = Legendary
Reaction Score
Interesting... I'm 6'4" tall, athletic, and muscular, however, I distinctly remember a time back in 1995 where I was at the gym in Aetna and a gentleman about 5' tall and average built sat next to me and maxed out the weights on basically every apparatus to my amazement.

Looking at someone's built alone is never a foolproof way of determining their actual strength... So to make a claim of her being "by far" the stronger player at this stage may be a bit of a stretch.. But let us not argue, in time hopefully we shall find out, which of the two of us will eat crow :)

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Looking at someone's built alone is never a foolproof way of determining their actual strength... So to make a claim of her being "by far" the stronger player at this stage may be a bit of a stretch.. But let us not argue, in time hopefully we shall find out, which of the two of us will eat crow :)
HEAR! HEAR! Whenever people start bad mouthing smaller athletes relative to their strength. I refer them to Naim Süleymanoğlu (4 ft 11 in 132 lb). Pound for pound one of the strongest people to ever walk this good Earth. Süleymanoğlu is the first and only weightlifter to have snatched 2.5 times his body weight and also is the second of only seven lifters to date to clean & jerk three times his body weight. His nickname was "Pocket Hercules." Which is good and bad!? For greater appreciation of his strength here are his top lifts in pounds. Rermember he competed in the 60 kg class or 132 lb class.
Snatch 152.5 kg = 336.2 lb
Clean & Jerk 190 kg = 418.8 lb
His tendons and ligaments must have been implants from FibreMax!
His life story is quite interesting. A movie was actually made of his life. Probably played well in Turkey and probably was banned in Bulgaria. :)
1605706988180.png

After starting the video click on WATCH ON YOUTUBE in the video frame.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom