Lesson of last two seasons | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lesson of last two seasons

Reaction Score
Remember, Chrystal had shin splints. Otherwise, she is perfectly capable of penetrating a defense as she showed over and over during the year and even some the previous year. What we really need is a Tina Charles, physical force inside. She was as important to the two titles she won as any player ever was on any UConn team, other than Diana Taurasi her Senior year. (Underrated!)

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Waiting for the next Stewie, or Maya doesn't help us for next year. I was content to let Z be our next superstar. That was not to be. Brunelle's signing with ND was expected, she joining the log jam in South Bend. Luckily, those prospects can't all start at once. I'm looking at ONO for a late-season impact. Her 98 rating stated that she is an "explosive leaper." That has to help Pheesa and Lou and a revitalized Megan. When KML and LOU were number one recruits, they blossomed in Storrs. Gabby and Pheesa were icings on the cake. Let ND wallow in their promoted expectations, I'm betting on our healed nucleus and the frosh now destined for meaningful minutes.
There's really no log jam. Sure, Notre Dame has no starting spots open this coming year, but Sam will be enjoying her senior year of high school then. When Sam joins the Irish, the team will not be overpopulated:

Senior (1): Jackie Young
Junior (1): Dani Patterson
Sophomore (5): RS sophomore Mikayla Vaughn, Katlyn Gilbert, Jordan Nixon, Abby Prohaska, Danielle Cosgrove
Freshman (2 thus far): Anaya Peoples, Sam Brunelle

So far that's only 9 players, and even if Muffet were to add two more recruits in the 2019 class, that would only be 11 players. The Huskies have 11 this season and they are entertaining the possibility of adding two more through graduate transfer. Notre Dame comes into the present season with 7 returning players and 4 freshman, which is also only 11 players.

Reaction Score
There's really no log jam. Sure, Notre Dame has no starting spots open this coming year, but Sam will be enjoying her senior year of high school then. When Sam joins the Irish, the team will not be overpopulated:

Senior (1): Jackie Young
Junior (1): Dani Patterson
Sophomore (5): RS sophomore Mikayla Vaughn, Katlyn Gilbert, Jordan Nixon, Abby Prohaska, Danielle Cosgrove
Freshman (2 thus far): Anaya Peoples, Sam Brunelle

So far that's only 9 players, and even if Muffet were to add two more recruits in the 2019 class, that would only be 11 players. The Huskies have 11 this season and they are entertaining the possibility of adding two more through graduate transfer. Notre Dame comes into the present season with 7 returning players and 4 freshman, which is also only 11 players.

Hey Choke........according to the folks on your board, ND has Bueckers, Caitlin Clark and even '21 Azzi Fudd already lined up.............while I'm not buying that wishful line of thinking.........what exactly would you tell Gilbert, Prohaska, Nixon and Peoples to do.............collect dust?

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Hey Choke...according to the folks on your board, ND has Bueckers, Caitlin Clark and even '21 Azzi Fudd already lined up...while I'm not buying that wishful line of thinking....what exactly would you tell Gilbert, Prohaska, Nixon and Peoples to do...collect dust?
Clearly Notre Dame needs to have extra scholarships to accommodate all those recruits, but reading on this board, I realized that Notre Dame is allowed to skirt the rules, so that shouldn't pose much of a problem. As for playing time, Fudd won't arrive until Gilbert, Prohaska, and Nixon are seniors, so Peoples (as a junior) is the only one that really has to worry about her. I imagine it will all work out in the end. I'm just happy that the Irish will get all the good recruits for a change. I heard that Muffet was getting bullseyes sewn on the back of the women's game jerseys to make it easier for opponents to target them. Oh the burden of being the National Champion! :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Clearly Notre Dame needs to have extra scholarships to accommodate all those recruits, but reading on this board, I realized that Notre Dame is allowed to skirt the rules, so that shouldn't pose much of a problem. As for playing time, Fudd won't arrive until Gilbert, Prohaska, and Nixon are seniors, so Peoples (as a junior) is the only one that really has to worry about her. I imagine it will all work out in the end. I'm just happy that the Irish will get all the good recruits for a change. I heard that Muffet was getting bullseyes sewn on the back of the women's game jerseys to make it easier for opponents to target them. Oh the burden of being the National Champion! :rolleyes:

Come on now, let's not over exaggerate...............the NCAA only bends the rules for you guys on transfers and team fouls..............and if you think this board is the only one that throws that wild idea around you need to go look at your other competitor's boards.............if the transfer rules aren't changed this year just wait for the chorus of ND favoritism when the NCAA turns down it's first request for immediate playing time for a Florida State or Louisville transfer............. that bulls eye really can be a burden...........in a way it's refreshing to watch somebody else carry the heavy weight of expectations................if you guys get knocked out in the semi-finals I guess all that ND positivity will be for naught...............heck Fudd might be wearing a UConn or Oregon shirt before you know it!!! .........:D:D

Reaction Score
It’s only a burden if it takes about twenty years to repeat, for a certain program it is more like business as usual!

Reaction Score
Waiting for the next Stewie, or Maya doesn't help us for next year. I was content to let Z be our next superstar. That was not to be. Brunelle's signing with ND was expected, she joining the log jam in South Bend. Luckily, those prospects can't all start at once. I'm looking at ONO for a late-season impact. Her 98 rating stated that she is an "explosive leaper." That has to help Pheesa and Lou and a revitalized Megan. When KML and LOU were number one recruits, they blossomed in Storrs. Gabby and Pheesa were icings on the cake. Let ND wallow in their promoted expectations, I'm betting on our healed nucleus and the frosh now destined for meaningful minutes.
How much are you betting? You are wishing hard, I'm sure. And hopeful. But we had a better nucleus of players when this past season began, than we shall have in 2018/2019. We had a player of the year as a freshman then, and we shall have a POY on the new team. We had three other highly rated freshman then, and we'll have one other highly rated player now. We had high hopes for a transfer
then ( Azura ) and we have none this year. We had Gabby and Kia then, we have neither of them now. So, other than wishing really hard, what is the logic of your optimism?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom