Lesson Learned Tonight With Kansas | The Boneyard

Lesson Learned Tonight With Kansas

Reaction Score
I would be all for UConn to start cheating but I’m sure we will get a postseason ban for just thinking about it.
Great job.

And we did we passed classes before the rule changed and it rocked our school to the core. Name one other “infraction “ that did what we dealt with. Not even Miami football had this much time to feel the pain. Maybe a bit much but that 2012(?) sanction still burns.

Reaction Score
And also start 5 guys that are a threat to score the ball
On the other hand, UNC had a 16 point lead and a shot to tie and start 4 guys with a threat to score. 3 is too little, but 4 is okay.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Would you have felt better if classes are optional UNC had won instead?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The literal FBI found they were cheating and they win a title 2 years later with no repercussions. One of the funnier storylines in sports
And yet none of the players involved in that are on this team.

UConn was screwed on the APR thing, I think Calhoun pissed them off.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

So what?

That's not how it works. Players who weren't on the team when transgressions happened have taken the punishments after investigations reach conclusions for time immemorial. You know why? Because it is the institutions being punished. Not the players. It's unfortunate for the players who get it, but thems the breaks. It's always been part of committing to a rule breaking institution.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
So what?

That's not how it works. Players who weren't on the team when transgressions happened have taken the punishments after investigations reach conclusions for time immemorial. You know why? Because it is the institutions being punished. Not the players. It's unfortunate for the players who get it, but thems the breaks. It's always been part of committing to a rule breaking institution.
I’m aware. Doesn’t mean it should. Merely pointing out the difference in say the UMass vacated title and this one. I don’t think they will vacate it, even if they impose other sanctions. Had KU won in 2020 (and that team was loaded) I could see that one being vacated. But it wasn’t played.

I think the NCAA is considering moving away from punishments that punish the kids who aren’t involved. For example: forfeit all NCAA units ($) for X years, fines for coaches and staff etc. The whole NIL thing has them on their heels a bit.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Reaction Score

Ok so the lesson is to cheat then hide it as long as possible and just say “well none of those players are here so you can just move along, nothing else to see here”?

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Ok so the lesson is to cheat then hide it as long as possible and just say “well none of those players are here so you can just move along, nothing else to see here”?
No, there is no lesson. If there is one for Calhoun it would be: don’t piss off the NCAA.

I expect KU will possibly get a postseason ban, reduction in scholarships etc. Could vacate games in which De Sousa was involved. But they wouldn’t vacate games that occurred 5 years later.

That said, for every team the definition of “booster” is ridiculous and overbroad. Some of this board are lobbying kids to commit. I would urge anyone who has season tickets not to do that. Boosters, referred to by the NCAA as “representatives of the institution’s athletic interests,” include anyone who has: Provided a donation in order to obtain season tickets for any sport at the university. Participated in or has been a member of an organization promoting the university’s athletics programs.

Somehow the school is supposed to control every single season ticket holder.

Reaction Score
Great job.

And we did we passed classes before the rule changed and it rocked our school to the core. Name one other “infraction “ that did what we dealt with. Not even Miami football had this much time to feel the pain. Maybe a bit much but that 2012(?) sanction still burns.
It was a great reason for number 4
Im not sure we win that without being suspended for something that occurred before the seniors were freshman and that we were already being punished for with multiple scholarship reductions.
The kids knew they were getting screwed by the NCAA in a personal vendetta against JC who had retired . Lying ,Cheating , Stealing is fine but disrespect is a capital offense. So they made up a formula that we were powerless to do anything , clever devils.
In case anyone doesn’t know why the ire We recruited the number 2 prospect in the country Andre Drummond without benefit of a scholarship when he agreed to walk on.
Originally a big who never saw the floor ( Bradley) was going to give up a scholarship for him. Fellows at the NCAA took it as a slap in the
face and a sign of disrespect.
APR haunted us for years

August_West

Reaction Score
No, there is no lesson. If there is one for Calhoun it would be: don’t piss off the NCAA.

I expect KU will possibly get a postseason ban, reduction in scholarships etc. Could vacate games in which De Sousa was involved. But they wouldn’t vacate games that occurred 5 years later.

That said, for every team the definition of “booster” is ridiculous and overbroad. Some of this board are lobbying kids to commit. I would urge anyone who has season tickets not to do that. Boosters, referred to by the NCAA as “representatives of the institution’s athletic interests,” include anyone who has: Provided a donation in order to obtain season tickets for any sport at the university. Participated in or has been a member of an organization promoting the university’s athletics programs.

Where does adidas fall into this equation? Or Zion?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Cool, if they get stripped, we still have more

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Where does adidas fall into this equation? Or Zion?
A guy from Adidas gave $2500 to DeSousa‘s guardian. That’s it. That’s the allegation. He was suspended two years, then reinstated for the second of those two years because he didn’t even know it happened.

There isn’t any NCAA allegation related to Zion

August_West

Reaction Score
A guy from Adidas gave $2500 to DeSousa‘s guardian. That’s it. That’s the allegation. He was suspended two years, then reinstated for the second of those two years because he didn’t even know it happened.

There isn’t any NCAA allegation related to Zion
There should be.

Reaction Score

I read something that said that what made some of the KU stuff more egregious was that that impeded the NCAA investigation. Did that piss off the NCAA? Self is awful and dirtier than most of the coaches who we consider dirty and he will walk away free. They shouldn’t get a one year postseason ban. It should be multiple years. If it is simply fines and lose 2 scholarships it’s a signal that KU can do whatever they want and no big deal.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom