Lesson Learned From Providence Game | The Boneyard

Lesson Learned From Providence Game

Reaction Score
Stop recruiting transfers and grow your team. I know Ollie is feeling the heat and needed to fill holes but these transfers seem more like a liability than assets. Larrier is a total ball hog, Anderson looked like he belongs at Fordham. Give me Vitale any day. Aren't there other transfers taking up scholarships as well? We looked so much better with Polley, Gilbert, Adams and Vitale. Team needs to build chemistry and that takes time to develop....and of not having transfers filling voids.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Stop recruiting transfers and grow your team. I know Ollie is feeling the heat and needed to fill holes but these transfers seem more like a liability than assets. Larrier is a total ball hog, Anderson looked like he belongs at Fordham. Give me Vitale any day. Aren't there other transfers taking up scholarships as well? We looked so much better with Polley, Gilbert, Adams and Vitale. Team needs to build chemistry and that takes time to develop....and of not having transfers filling voids.
With the departures, transfers were needed just to be able to practice but I understand your larger point.

Reaction Score

You realize Larrier has been in Storrs now for 3 seasons, right?

I mean, chemistry, development, this is his 3rd year. He's been there as long as anyone wearing a Huskies jersey.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
It would be really interesting to compare what's being said about Larrier now to what was said in the threads after we lost out on him back in HS.

Reaction Score
Larrier looked terrible. He's played 3/4 games in 3 years. We'll have to be patient.

Who is going to break the bad news to Sid Wilson?

Ripping Anderson? We lost Gilbert and Adams had to run the point by himself for 39+ minutes/game last year. We need Anderson's minutes off the bench even if we stay healthy.

When you lose multiple players to transfer and decommits, you have to fill those voids. We didn't have enough guys to run 5 on 5 this summer.

Reaction Score
It's so far down the list. We need to recruit better players, physically bigger players, Ollie needs to coach way better.

Reaction Score
You realize Larrier has been in Storrs now for 3 seasons, right?

I mean, chemistry, development, this is his 3rd year. He's been there as long as anyone wearing a Huskies jersey.

I still think you build a team with better chemistry as freshmen coming into their first college experience. Transfers no matter how touted never seem to be our A listers. Think ... Ed Nelson's "pick up truck"

Reaction Score
I don’t, to no one’s surprise.
mbb2.JPG

vitale.jpg

temery

What?
Reaction Score
His last name is Vital not Vitale. It doesn't really matter, fans have been misspelling UConn player's names since the beginning of time.

Thanks. Didn’t help one bit. I have no idea what PTP’er means.

Reaction Score
I still think you build a team with better chemistry as freshmen coming into their first college experience. Transfers no matter how touted never seem to be our A listers. Think ... Ed Nelson's "pick up truck"

Larrier is trying to be a one-man show out there. I said the same thing about him, and a few other players, in the early season last year. But UConn right now can't afford to not take the most talented players that want to come here. They were close to getting him out of high school.

Gilbert, Adams, Vital may need to start until Larrier settles down. Diarra/Whaley/Polley need to spark this team at PF.

I'm really worried about our big men on D. I have confidence that the guards are going to get it together. But the big men on defense is a huge problem.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom