Leon?! | The Boneyard

Leon?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
He got 2 minutes tonight... was hoping to see more of him instead of Evans/Allen. Especially with Calhoun and Boat not playing well, next man up, right?

I just don't get why he didn't see more than 2 minutes. At least give the kid a chance to show he can hang.

Reaction Score
Leon has been good in his limited time as a spot-up three point shooter. It's a little harder to play a guy like that when you don't have anyone who is creating those looks for him. That being said, there weren't really any good options tonight, so why not...

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I can't believe I am saying this, but not playing Tolksdorf last night is probably the biggest game coaching mistake I have seen Ollie make all season. Boatright and Calhoun were not even hitting the rim by the second half. We needed outside shooting because they were just packing in on Daniels, and Ollie doesn't play the only remaining shooter on the roster?

Defense didn't matter any more. We were playing lousy D all night, so it wasn't like Tolksdorf was going to hurt us that much on defense, and USF sucks anyway. They must have missed at least 7 layups. Our problem was when we had the ball.

Reaction Score
This is the time to prepare him and Nolan for next year. I say play them Saturday as long as you can, without thought.

Reaction Score
Leon is just so slow afoot that he was a bad match up defensively with the athletic SF forwards. He can shoot but he is a huge liability on D

Reaction Score
Leon is just so slow afoot that he was a bad match up defensively with the athletic SF forwards. He can shoot but he is a huge liability on D
Were you watching the game? Didn't seem like there was any defense, so you think that having him out there could have made it worse? The number of alley oop attempts was sickening. There was only one instance where I saw someone try to defend an alley oop and I believe it was Nolan. I'm not sure saying he would be a huge liability in the USF game is a valid argument. If anything, I think the kid would have stepped up because he knows his minutes this year are limited, so it would be a chance to prove that. How many times did Boatright get burned last night because he was frustrated with his game and the refs?

Reaction Score

I agree but Omar's inability on offense carried over to his defensive presence so it wouldn't have hurt at all. Leon may have made a couple shots........but Omar is trying to fight through a tough injury so he get's a bye on this.....

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
At least put him out there for more than 2 minutes to see what he's got... Boat and Calhoun were airballing 3s

Reaction Score
I would have played him more based on how the other players were playing. My point in why I believe coach didn't play him because it was not a VG match up. Leon is NOT a good defensive player and thus hasn't been given many minutes because of that.

Reaction Score
Last night ended up being a school yard game for USF. We didn't step into the lane to prevent drives to the hoop nor did we even think about taking a charge. Amazing matador defense on several ocassions where our D looked at the driving player and stepped out of his way. Breakdowns all around. No excuse for that even with the injuries..

Reaction Score
Last night ended up being a school yard game for USF. We didn't step into the lane to prevent drives to the hoop nor did we even think about taking a charge. Amazing matador defense on several ocassions where our D looked at the driving player and stepped out of his way. Breakdowns all around. No excuse for that even with the injuries..
The shouldn't be an excuse we have terrible personelle. A player can't just give his all and all of a sudden be a great defender. Evans is what he is, lower your expectations. I've done the same with boat. Evans simply can't chase guys off screens and stay with them, kinda like you prolly can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom