Len Tsantiris retires | The Boneyard

Len Tsantiris retires

Reaction Score
Thank you Len for your dedication to UConn women's soccer. This was the right decision.

I hope AD Benedict shows a commitment to build this program back up to it's historical great past with his new hire.

It sucks Len never won the big one. UNC a big reason why obviously but just never the big push to get the program past that hump. Or quite frankly to remain 2nd fiddle.

When you look at how strong we are in women's basketball and field hockey, we really need to try to build that back up in women's soccer. I'll be watching this hire closely. We are gonna be finding out over the next year-3 if Benedict lives up to the hype.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Thank you for the good times. Now it's up to AD David Benedict to make a choice to help us going forward. It will be interesting to see a list of possible candidates.

Reaction Score
Don't know if they would try to hire within conference but I would strongly look at the UCF coach. She played at UNC and has UCF as a 2 seed in the NCAA's this year.

Reaction Score
Don't know if they would try to hire within conference but I would strongly look at the UCF coach. She played at UNC and has UCF as a 2 seed in the NCAA's this year.
not sure why a UCF coach would bother with a lateral move to UConn.

Reaction Score
Why are we building a brand new soccer stadium? To continue to remain mediocre?

I see what you're saying, but it's a lateral move for that coach.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Thank you Len for your dedication to UConn women's soccer. This was the right decision.

I hope AD Benedict shows a commitment to build this program back up to it's historical great past with his new hire.

It sucks Len never won the big one. UNC a big reason why obviously but just never the big push to get the program past that hump. Or quite frankly to remain 2nd fiddle.

When you look at how strong we are in women's basketball and field hockey, we really need to try to build that back up in women's soccer. I'll be watching this hire closely. We are gonna be finding out over the next year-3 if Benedict lives up to the hype.

UConn was a huge force in Womens Soccer in the late 80s and had success in the 90s as well as in the early 2000's.
Len was/is a class act, I coached with him at clinics and camps.
He sent many players to the old and good Womens Professional League - not the crap of today.

I don't understand your consistent digs at AD David Benedict. Do you think he doesn't have a commitment to make every sport at UConn the best it can possibly be?
I'm sure you'll be watching closely - waiting to jump on every ASweet perceived misstep

Reaction Score
The question is will AD David Benedict be here to conduct interviews and hire the new soccer coach. Rumor has it, he is the top candidate for the Auburn AD position. The next few months should be interesting around Uconn.

Reaction Score
I don't understand your consistent digs at AD David Benedict. Do you think he doesn't have a commitment to make every sport at UConn the best it can possibly be?
I'm sure you'll be watching closely - waiting to jump on every ASweet perceived misstep

The fact you consider what I said a "dig" at AD David Benedict is proof positive how overly sensitive you and others are towards him. Again, I hope he lives up to the hype. His hire in football was about as safe as you can get. Let's see his hire here. If he simply promotes Len's top assistant who was by his side as the malaise of the program set in it wouldn't exactly be very inspired.

Reaction Score
Goodbye to Len Tsantiris, he had quite a career both as a player and a coach at UConn. He may have never won a national championship, but the best teams that UConn produced had to run into the misfortune of going up with some of the best teams that the North Carolina women's soccer juggernaut has produced. In that sense Coach Tsantiris and UConn women's soccer were a victim of bad timing in their quest to win a national championship.

Whoever succeeds Coach Tsantiris will have the advantage of soon playing in a modern college facility. That is something Coach Tsantiris and the program badly needed during the last 10 years as the program went into decline, and as more and more big schools opened new soccer facilities.

One other thing. No longer will we listen to WHUS student soccer announcers badly massacre Len's last name.

Here's the write up from the UConn Blog.

UConn Women’s Soccer Coach Len Tsantiris Announces Retirement

Reaction Score

Probably I should know this ... but what's the reference to UNC? Chapel Hill? Why? Thanks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom