Legends Classic Bubble Potential Starting Date | The Boneyard

Legends Classic Bubble Potential Starting Date

Reaction Score

So if this holds, our season would start in the November 25-December 4 range. Given there will be 10 days of games, you'd have to figure we will be playing some teams beyond the 3 others in the field with us (USC, Vanderbilt, Notre Dame), right?

The Empire Classic and Hall of Fame Tip-Off will be in the same bubble as us, looks like some potential opponents would be Michigan, Villanova (not gonna happen), Baylor, NC State, Albany, UCF, Lehigh, Long Island U, Marquette (not gonna happen pt. 2), Minnesota, Quinnipiac, and URI.

Reaction Score
I'm not surprised. Notre Dame plays these New York games for their NYC metro alumni. The Mohegan bubble is not what they signed up for.

Reaction Score
I'm not surprised. Notre Dame plays these New York games for their NYC metro alumni. The Mohegan bubble is not what they signed up for.
They would’ve gotten as many fans at Mohegan (0)

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Covid cases have been on the rise in southeastern CT. Not good for Mohegan Sun...

Reaction Score
Reaction Score

Yes please. BYU should be better than Notre Dame and their size poses a nice early season challenge for the team if we end up scheduled to play them. Childs is gone, but Haarms transferred in. Pope’s done a heck of a job at Provo.

Reaction Score
BYU would be an amazing addition... I definitely hope we end up with USC or Vandy first, as a warm up for a matchup with a potential top 10 team.

Reaction Score
BYU would be an amazing addition... I definitely hope we end up with USC or Vandy first, as a warm up for a matchup with a potential top 10 team.
A potential top-10 team is way too high of a prediction for them, but having them make the top-25 is a fair ceiling and could be a 2nd weekend team in March.

Regardless of ranking, a well-coached team we can hopefully hop on early in the season as they have tons of turnover between this season and last.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
SE CT and all of CT data has been heavily influenced by an outbreak at a Norwich nursing home a couple weeks ago. Hence why, while raw case numbers and hospitalizations increased the positive rate has stayed around 1.5, not indicating community spread. Mohegan bubble is fine.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
SE CT and all of CT data has been heavily influenced by an outbreak at a Norwich nursing home a couple weeks ago. Hence why, while raw case numbers and hospitalizations increased the positive rate has stayed around 1.5, not indicating community spread. Mohegan bubble is fine.

Yeah wrong..... Not saying the Norwich nursing home didnt have anything to do with it. It sure did. But New London county is hurting right now. My GF teaches in Waterford. 7 covid cases at her school between last monday and Friday, needless to say her school now shut (online only) for the forseeable future. There is more going on than just Norwich. Just saying,

But I hope the Mohegan Bubble works. Ill be there if it does.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Yeah wrong..... Not saying the Norwich nursing home didnt have anything to do with it. It sure did. But New London county is hurting right now. My GF teaches in Waterford. 7 covid cases at her school between last monday and Friday, needless to say her school now shut (online only) for the forseeable future. There is more going on than just Norwich. Just saying,

But I hope the Mohegan Bubble works. Ill be there if it does.
BS

There’s no way you have a girlfriend

Reaction Score
The numbers are the numbers. Someone commented on the recent spike in New London and I responded by giving them accurate data. Rather than post random states, here is a site I have found very helpful. It does give state data but the aggragate data at the top ofthe page is national. It gives a good overview of the virus. I've checked it against Hopkins and it matches pretty well. They record cases, hospitalizations, ICU, even ventilator info. The charts only go back a couple of months but it provides a good snapshot of our current situation.

Reaction Score
Mohegan Sun is its own "island" where cases in surrounding towns don't bother me as much as if they were in an actual city. All they have to do is stay in their rooms and walk to the gym to play the games. Should be no problem.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Mohegan Sun is its own "island" where cases in surrounding towns don't bother me as much as if they were in an actual city. All they have to do is stay in their rooms and walk to the gym to play the games. Should be no problem.
How much practice space, different gyms are available? That’s where my concerns with a Mohegan bubble would be

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom