Legendary!! | The Boneyard

Legendary!!

Reaction Score
While Christyn Williams wants to be legendary I believe Chennedy Carter is certainly on her way with yesterday’s performance. She put on quite a show in the second half yesterday. With a bit more discipline she’s going to be a really really really good player.

Reaction Score
While Christyn Williams wants to be legendary I believe Chennedy Carter is certainly on her way with yesterday’s performance. She put on quite a show in the second half yesterday. With a bit more discipline she’s going to be a really really really good player.
I think it's her lack of discipline that makes her the player she is, at least at this juncture. Blair tries to reign her in I think she becomes less explosive. Too hot and cold for me but to your point maybe a year of maturity and she'll be the real deal?

Reaction Score

Carter is a great scorer, but she fails to impact the game enough in other ways to be considered a great player. Not yet.

Reaction Score
Clutch performance for sure. Just imagine the kind of player Chennedy Carter could become under Geno had she come to Storrs. She already has total belief in herself, and the ability to deliver in the clutch. But under Gary Blair, I don't think she'll ever be a truly great defender or make her teammates around her the best players they can be.

She sure is exhilarating to watch, and the next three years will be a lot of fun. However, I suspect A&M's next thrilling comeback will fall somewhat short in Spokane.

Last edited:

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
13 for 30 tells the story , 7 of 9 from 3 was pretty good. I think she will always be a wild card fling all over the court.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Carter is a great scorer, but she fails to impact the game enough in other ways to be considered a great player. Not yet.
When you lead your team in scoring, assist, and steals (as a Freshmen) that's a pretty good impact. When you lead your team into the sweet sixteen for a team that was not included in anyone's preseason top 25 that's a pretty good impact. When you finish top 10 in the nation is scoring and you are the only Freshmen in top 100 in scoring in the NCAA that is a pretty good impact.

Reaction Score
As of right now, Carter will probably be another Kelsey Mitchell. Solid scorer but as a point guard, she does not get her team involved enough. Which is a shame because Dani Williams is a great shooter as well, and together, they could be a nice combo. With their role players, they could have been a top 10 team

Reaction Score
Just one game a long way to go. Still the requirement in women's D1 is to win big consistently.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
As of right now, Carter will probably be another Kelsey Mitchell. Solid scorer but as a point guard, she does not get her team involved enough. Which is a shame because Dani Williams is a great shooter as well, and together, they could be a nice combo. With their role players, they could have been a top 10 team
That is simply not accurate. Carter dished out 170 Assists so far the year. Kelsey Mitchell career high water mark was 146. Carter is passing to Williams but Kelsey should have been passing to her choice of former McDdonalds All-American players in Calhoun, Mavunga, or Harper.

Reaction Score
aTm has lost 9 games so far this season. What happened? Did not the basket have a good look at Chennedy Carter in those games?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
aTm has lost 9 games so far this season. What happened? Did not the basket have a good look at Chennedy Carter in those games?
9 loses? Nothing happened, sounds about right for a team that was not pre-season top 25. BTW Carter game winner against DePaul was not her first this season.

Reaction Score
When you lead your team in scoring, assist, and steals (as a Freshmen) that's a pretty good impact. When you lead your team into the sweet sixteen for a team that was not included in anyone's preseason top 25 that's a pretty good impact. When you finish top 10 in the nation is scoring and you are the only Freshmen in top 100 in scoring in the NCAA that is a pretty good impact.

Apparently you missed the word "other" than scoring.

Reaction Score
'Legendary' as a descriptor seems to have lost most of its meaning over the past decades, and has now been downgraded to something akin to 'pretty good."

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
I was rooting for Doug Bruno's team but I have to tip my hat and cheer for Carter's performance. Please, folks, let her have her moment! Based on what I had seen in a few other Aggies games, I had her stereotyped as a ballhog, but I had to reconsider. I would have applauded her even if the shot had missed, because the big thing was that a freshman had the confidence to do what she did with the game on the line and just a few seconds left -- I mean, she scored 32 points in an incredible second half comeback, why shouldn't she trust herself? Isn't that what Geno wanted from his freshmen this year? I remember a few years back when Brooke McCarty missed on the last shot of the game and Texas dropped out of the NCAA tournament. I think she was a sophomore then; she had been scoring way above her usual, and she was criticized for not using the remaining seconds to get closer to the basket or pass it to another player and why was an underclassman doing such a thing. To me it showed she had the heart to lead the team, and that has been borne out as I'm sure Longhorn fans would agree. But if Carter never does anything else in this tournament or future tournaments, let her have this one!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
No doubt she is a superlative talent and I think she can walk today onto a WNBA roster but she can just as easily cost you a game as win one. You hope with experience, she learns the finer points of good shot selection. Still, she is alot of fun to watch. I think in the middle of the season, she was at times completely hogging the ball and trying to do everything herself and her body language in particular was straight off the playground but she has grown more willing to depend on her teammates and in interviews, she carries herself well as a team player and her team loves her.

Reaction Score
Carter is a kid who wants to play ball. It is the responsibility of her Coach to demand she share the ball..if he choices not to intervene Carter might hog the ball...IMO.

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score
Carter is a kid who wants to play ball. It is the responsibility of her Coach to demand she share the ball..if he choices not to intervene Carter might hog the ball...IMO.

Quite right. What player will take more shots than her coach will tolerate? In that game, she took 30 of A&M's 66 shots (45%) and made 13 (43%), though she did drop 7/9 3-pointers. For the season, her overall shooting average= 44%; 3-pt= 38%. She did lead her team in assists by a wide margin, though not in the DePaul game, and A&M's offense is not UConn- like in having a high percentage of made baskets coming off assists. She is a shooter, no doubt about it, and she bailed out A&M in that DePaul game. I prefer to see development of other offensive skills, as exemplified by, say, Lou, who has learned to see and set up her teammates in addition to scoring. Of course, while she is a more efficient scorer than Carter by far, she will not have as gaudy a points/game average.
Will Carter evolve beyond her one-dimensional offensive game? That depends on Gary Blair and how much he wants to coach vs. relying on a superstar who manufactures points on her own by being a volume shooter.

Reaction Score
Clutch performance for sure. Just imagine the kind of player Chennedy Carter could become under Geno had she come to Storrs. She already has total belief in herself, and the ability to deliver in the clutch. But under Gary Blair, I don't think she'll ever be a truly great defender or make her teammates around her the best players they can be.

She sure is exhilarating to watch, and the next three years will be a lot of fun. However, I suspect A&M's next thrilling comeback will fall somewhat short in Spokane.

Chennedy Carter at UConn?.................................This could have led to Geno's premature retirement....................:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Chennedy Carter at UConn?........This could have led to Geno's premature retirement.....:rolleyes:[/QUOTE
If at UCONN Carter would be on the bench watching the other 5 players work together as a team...this would in time make her a better player ...IMO.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom