Ledo cancels his press conference.... | The Boneyard

Ledo cancels his press conference....

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

Calhoun must love this! Hopefully we had something to do with this - after Cooley pulled that Dunn stunt when he acted like PC was picked over UC.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
He's coming to UCONN.....(I have no inside info but it would be funny seeing the PC fans reactions).

I for one definitely want this kid to be a Husky. He is a heck of a talent if he can buy into the program and not be a distraction. It seemed that UCONN backed off recently so maybe he is looking to heat it up again before they give away the last scholarship for 2012. If any players really want to come to UCONN they better not wait until the Spring signing period as those spots will be filled by then considering all of the recruits we are currently interested in and in their top 4 or 5 schools.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Ok, I'll take your word for it. That approach will really leave us thin in the back court if we can't pick up another scholarship by improving our APR. Clearly, the picture could change after next season depending on how many players go pro.

we are no longer after ledo. end of story. we are going to add a big man for next year to go with Omar. we will see if we can get noel first to reclassify, then AB and the list from there...thats all for this year and next becuase of the ships situation.

Reaction Score
He's coming to UCONN.....(I have no inside info but it would be funny seeing the PC fans reactions).

I for one definitely want this kid to be a Husky. He is a heck of a talent if he can buy into the program and not be a distraction. It seemed that UCONN backed off recently so maybe he is looking to heat it up again before they give away the last scholarship for 2012. If any players really want to come to UCONN they better not wait until the Spring signing period as those spots will be filled by then considering all of the recruits we are currently interested in and in their top 4 or 5 schools.
If reports are accurate, Ledo is an outstanding player but I'd like to see us pass on him. His attiutde is in question and we need a big.We are seeing the scholarship penalty up close.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
that wont leave us thin for the back court at all. its the ships docked that leave us thin
2011-12
pg-bazz(1), boat(2)
sg-lamb(3), gif(4) or dd(5)
sf-scoe(6), gif or dd
pf-ao(7), to(8), brad($) or wolf(9)
c-ad(10), brad or wolf
11-ncaa
12-13- apr
*ad on ship, brad $ and will get ship back next year

2012-13 we could have everyone back plus omar which would mean no one jumped of the nba and we got both ships back for good apr. imo this has a 0% chance of happening, so lets get real. ad will go pro most likely and lmab as well. this draft will be the best in years so besides those 2, i don't see any one else testing waters. wildcard of ao blowing up, but thats slim imo.
so:
2012-13
pg-bazz(1), boat(2)
sg-gif(3) or dd(4), omar(5)
sf-scoe(6), gif or dd
pf-to(7), brad(8) or wolf(9)
c-ao(10), brad or wolf
11-ncaa(final year of the 3 year docking)
there is the 11 we know ships wise. if we get one or both apr ships back we will then add a big man(imo that starts with noel and the list goes down from there. our guard/wings spots are not thin...

2013-14 is a wildcard year. we lose ao, maybe a one and done noel or other big if we get one. dd/scoe/bazz/gif could all leave to play in other leagues if they blow up...wildcard...lots of fish for that year in NE as well. getting the ncaa ship back as well as 1 or 2 of the apr ships that we didn't get back the year before will give us 3 spots to fill right there, plus ao and any leaving early. 2013 could be a monster class.

Reaction Score
No doubt the ship reduction is big. There's a lot of regional talent. They were able to land Omar Calhoun and AD. There is so much NE talent that they were not going to land all of them even if they had a boat load of ships. Murphy, Tarczewski, Dunn, McGary, and Ledo are all NE kids in the 2012 class and will all likely end up elsewhere. Nerlens Noel, Chris Thomas, Kuran Iverson, and Goodluck Okonoboh are all 2013. I like our chances with Noel. If not him, Okonoboh. We're also recruiting Selden, Vonleh and McCullough, all part of the 2014 class.

I have little doubt that if we had the full compliment of 13 ships, they would have made a big push for Dunn and probably would have out-recruited PC. I don't think there was a fit with Murphy or Tarzcewski. I think they liked McGary, but he probably was scared off by Drummond even though many think he will be playing for pay next fall. Even if they had a lot of ships to offer, I don't think they would be considering Ledo. Just too much perceived baggage.

They love Noel, as does everyone who's seen him play. I think they like Thomas. I don't think they like what they've seen with Iverson while Okonoboh is probably plan-B or C if they can't land Noel.

I believe they extended a ship offers to Selden and McCullough already. They should have a lot of available ships in 2014 when the balance of the big 2010 class uses up their eligibility.

Reaction Score
who cares? selden and vonleh are pretty much uconn locks for 2014....wouldnt be suprised if we won 5 out of 6 titles.

Reaction Score
Its kind of unfortunate for Ledo. He commits to PC but ends up not wanting to go there so he backs off that commitment, and now all the schools that he would want to attend like UK, SU, and UConn are not pursuing him forcing him to recommit to PC, which he probably does not want to do

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
who cares? selden and vonleh are pretty much uconn locks for 2014....wouldnt be suprised if we won 5 out of 6 titles.
i want some of what you are having. 5 our of 6 titles? u referring to NCAA titles?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
i want some of what you are having. 5 our of 6 titles? u referring to NCAA titles?
He must of thought he was posting on the women's board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom