Leaving With Eligibility Remaining | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Leaving With Eligibility Remaining

Reaction Score
He was also ridiculously overpaid for his one season at Nebraska. La Tech is doing well this year. He's young enough that I think there's a good chance he ends up as a DC at a P5 program again in the future.

If BD wants a P5 job, has to cut out the bizarre behavior. If you're winning, it's entertaining and they call it eccentric. If you're losing it's indistinguishable from mental illiness.

Reaction Score
Breiner as Head Coach. Todd Orlando isn’t dropping pay scale to be UConn HC. That’s a big national change. A Coordinator won’t take a HC job rashly or easily at G5 level because it won’t pay

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
If BD wants a P5 job, has to cut out the bizarre behavior. If you're winning, it's entertaining and they call it eccentric. If you're losing it's indistinguishable from mental illiness.
I just don't know if he is a good coach at all. His best year by far was his last at ND, and when I talk to ND fans, they weren't happy with his bend don't break style.

He can get by on good looks and "interesting" press conferences only for so long. At some point he has to be successful beyond one year at ND.

A good example of the good ole boy network where a guy gets jobs on who he knows, not what he has done.

Reaction Score
Yes, I have no clue. Take a look at the results. Worst D in college history. Crocker was a horrendously bad experiment. Anybody with an ounce of football knowledge saw it coming. It’s a speed arbitrage scheme for FCS where the biggest difference between an FBS lineman and FCS lineman is speed. That doesn’t fly against against FBS lines, and sending undersized guys does nothing. That’s why we were eaten alive up the middle and shredded in the air. Grimes took a dysfunctional O-line and made then serviceable in one season. Lashlee had an offense moving and scoring until RE put the shackles on because the D was terrible. I’ll stand by my view because the facts on the field tell the story.

Or could it be that the defense was bad because we were playing 18 and 19 yr old kids against 21, 22, 23 yr olds? All thanks to a coach who can’t evaluate talent

Reaction Score
Or could it be that the defense was bad because we were playing 18 and 19 yr old kids against 21, 22, 23 yr olds? All thanks to a coach who can’t evaluate talent
Year one of HCRE2.0 we were not playing 18 and 19 year olds and the defense was just bad. It wasn't till the next 2 years where HCRE2.0 put his personal stamp on going with the 5 year rebuild plan that we got truly terrible.
Just for a little history reminder, Crazy Bob's last year defense gave up 28.1 PPG, HCRE2.0's 1st year gave up 37.9 PPG. You know what record breaking results HCRE2.0 got in year 2 and now only the fact that UMass has a football team keeps UConn from challenging for the worst defense in 2019.

Reaction Score

If you think that the team fielded the worst defensive players in the history of D1 football, you have a point. If we didn't have th worst defensive players in the history of D1 college football, why did we have the worst defense in the history of college football?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom