Leave of Absence from the Blog & Football Coverage | The Boneyard

Leave of Absence from the Blog & Football Coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I really appreciated your work. Many boneyarders are religious but don't even know it. They are strong believers in James 2:24.

Be well. You will be missed.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Best of luck Matt and thank you -

Reaction Score
Good luck with everything Matt, I really enjoyed your work and to see it again here or elsewhere.

Reaction Score
Matt:

I stopped at a dry cleaners yesterday and reconnected with the owner, a man I hadn't seen in thirty years. We used to play golf and socialized with our wives and kids who are now in their 30's. He explained that the dry cleaning business is not what it used to be and after 30 years he would be closing the business in two months.

You know what his biggest regret was? He hadn't spend enough time with his kids growing up. He was always working. The sad reality is, he can never get that time back with them. Although his hard work and sacrifice provided for his family, he wished he had been involved with his kids more. So if that is the main reason for your decision, I say rock on Dad! You will never regret your decision.

As we approach the most Holy days on the Christian calendar, Good Friday, the day Christians remember the crucification of and Easter Sunday His glorious resurrection from the dead, let us all look with hope for the future. If both believers and non believers take time to study His life and love for mankind they should come away very impressed, as he is without question the most significant historical figure to walk the face of the earth. (Like you, I am aware that faith is a touchy subject to bring up, especially in CT but as an old linebacker, I am willing to take the hit for my Lord and Savior.)

Thank you for making the Bone Yard a fun place for me to escape the cold realities of life. May the Lord's peace be with you and your family.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight - Proverbs 3:5

Reaction Score
Thank you and hope everything work outs for you as you intend. I admire your dedication to your faith.

Reaction Score
Best wishes to Matt.. I've enjoyed your blogs.. Definitely kept us up on UCONN football in a way that was more insightful to the program than the regular media outlets...

And, most important, God bless you and your family...

Reaction Score
Good luck Matt. I enjoyed your positive, upbeat view on the Huskies. I'll miss reading your articles.

Reaction Score
Good Luck Matt, you've been great and very enthusiastic about this team, as am I.

Reaction Score
Good luck Matt! I appreciate the detail and depth of your writing ... even in your departure letter! ;)

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Thanks for all your hard work. Hopefully someone will be coming on to continue the great work you've started. As you said, for a blogger to be granted one on one access with the head FB coach is special and speaks volumes to your capacity as a reporter and writer. I hope your work helps pave the way for someone else to step in and continue it! Best of luck wherever life takes you!

Reaction Score
Matt, wish you all the best. Don't take to much time off Because we'll need you to get back here in time for our announcement of joining the B1G!!!

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Good work, Matt, and good luck! Thanks for all of the write-ups and don't be a stranger to the 'Yard.
Pride. Heart. UConn.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I actually pretty much disagreed with all your columns and thought you were a Diaco shill.

Now that I've insulted you, I want to wish you the best. Good or bad, it was still UConn football material which I'll never not read.

Family over everything.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Matt, as I've said before, you are very talented as a writer and as an interviewer and I selfishly hope you find your way back to it. God bless you. I will say a prayer for God to put you where you need to be.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Good luck in your future endeavors and may God bless you and your family

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Best wishes and thank you for all of your work. A decision made for the right reasons will never be a bad decision. Enjoy your family.

Reaction Score
Thank you for what you have done. I found your work often more informative than the "pros".

On this Holy Good Friday, recall the ultimate mystery that in order to save our lives we must first lose them, and in death we are reborn. May your life be blessed. Happy Easter.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Best of luck, Matt. I can say this with all sincerity, your articles were always the first ones I would read for my UConn news. I hope that some of the members of our state horde will follow your lead and your passion that you gave over the course of your time writing on the blog. You will truly be missed.

Reaction Score
Matt: Thank you for everything you've offered on this board.

It takes a unique individual to offer inspiring opinions with a positive reflection when is it often very easy to be negative......and I'm not just talking football......any subject.

Never feel you have to apologize about your faith. I too am a Christian and often offer commentary and opinion on world and national events based on this background. And that has often been as a government employee. Which has often lead to group discussions at lunch.

Here is a link you may enjoy especially at Easter. Google Carrie Underwood with Vincent Gill (guitarist) performing a hymn at a concert. You'll recognize the hymn.......it had over 30,000,000 views last Sunday

God Bless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate