HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Previous lessons
Learning the Boneyard, Lesson #1: Private messaging
Learning the Boneyard, Lesson #2: Report, Ignore, and Polls
Learning the Boneyard, Lesson #3: Posting links
Learning the Boneyard, Lesson #4: Using the Toolbar

If you've mastered posting links, today's lesson should be pretty easy. I made it easy to explain because I have to go to work today :( and I don't have long to explain.

On the Toolbar, there is an icon that looks like two slices of film strip.

upload_2017-12-27_6-5-48.png

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
When you click on that icon, a dialog box will come up asking for the video URL. Do you see the large space with all the barely legible text below? This is what it says:
You may embed media from the following sites:
That means not every video is compatible with the Boneyard so if you do try to post a video and it doesn't work, the video is probably hosted by a site not on this list.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
To copy the video URL from a site like YouTube or other video hosting sites, just copy the URL at the top of the page:

upload_2017-12-27_6-11-20.png

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
To copy videos embedded in text, you can try right clicking and see if the option to Copy Link Location is on the menu. If so, just copy and paste the link. Otherwise, you might need to start the video to see if it pops up in its own window, then copy the URL at the top of the page. It should be a fairly easy thing to do, but you may need a little trial and error.

While multiple links to websites are allowed in one post, only one video can be posted at a time.

Speaking of YouTube, those of you who aren't familiar with it are missing out on a treasure trove. Many full UConn games are available there, including one of my favorites, linked below (I was there!). To look for a game, search on UConn [opponent's name] basketball or women's basketball.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom