Learning How to Win | The Boneyard

Learning How to Win

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

Quite frankly, I won't over analyze this one. We are in the process of learning how to win. The last 28 minutes I saw some good things as part of that process. Hamilton for one is growing but still needs countless hours in the gym working on foul shooting and he won't be lonely because Purvis can join him. Yet, our defense will keep us competitive in a game until our offense clicks. It's not a Rembrandt as my friend Dee Rowe would say - but as a fan it's really fun to see the progress and how KO is trying to coach them up. Good to see Omar's confidence continue and Brimah starting to make better decisions to stay out of foul trouble.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
ConnHuskBask said:
'Like' breakdown: 10% Solid observation that I tend to agree with. 90% Your sheer dedication to the 'Quite frankly' shtick. Damn impressive.

Yes! Agreed.

You are missing one vital element though, " the name drop". Today is Dee Rowe, yesterday a 70s player who made him laugh ( damn name is escaping me)

Quite frankly chief is an A+ poster. Love it

C

Chief00

My 80's not 70's buddy was Earl Kelly. He got in his share of trouble but I liked him. I was always impressed that he had friends in nearly every East Coast city somehow. Earl's arch rival was Pearl Washington - Earl said on several occasions that Pearl bad mouthed him down in Jersey - never understood what that was about. But it was a Big East rivalry - they genuinely disliked each other and Earl had some of his best games against a Cuse. Earl's older brother , I believed his name was Larry, played at Syracuse a few years earlier.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
learning how to win? nothing new here :)

Reaction Score
My 80's not 70's buddy was Earl Kelly. He got in his share of trouble but I liked him. I was always impressed that he had friends in nearly every East Coast city somehow. Earl's arch rival was Pearl Washington - Earl said on several occasions that Pearl bad mouthed him down in Jersey - never understood what that was about. But it was a Big East rivalry - they genuinely disliked each other and Earl had some of his best games against a Cuse. Earl's older brother , I believed his name was Larry, played at Syracuse a few years earlier.
Chief, I remember a game against Cuse in '84 I think- we were playing up there on a Saturday afternoon and Earl went to the foul line in a close game that we were leading at the end. I was watching on TV and you could read his lips saying "it's all over" to the guys lined up in the lane. Earl was so good-loved to watch him play.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom