Leading scorer? | The Boneyard

Leading scorer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Jim F. thinks that, if Bria plays SG most of the season, she will be the leading scorer. I think it may be close, but tend to disagree. I do note, though, that Bria scored about 90 points in the last 2 games of her high school career.

Stef can score easily from inside and will get to the FT line and convert. Late last year, she was often the primary option, ahead of even Maya. If she avoids foul trouble, I think she leads.

I think either Tiffany or Kaleena will be next. Kaleena has superior offensive tools; Tiff also has lots of ways to score.

What Caroline accomplishes may depend on her knee, but we could have 6 players each average 11 ppg. :)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
they key to that is Jim said "IF" she plays the 2. it's starting to become clear that Caroline is probably the starting 1. Bria will also start and playing off the ball at the 2 will allow her to score much more frequently.

the question to be asked, tho, is what will happen when Caroline comes out? will Brianna come in to play the 1? or will Bria slide over and be "forced" to be more of a play maker and facilitator rather than a scorer?

Reaction Score
they key to that is Jim said "IF" she plays the 2. it's starting to become clear that Caroline is probably the starting 1. Bria will also start and playing off the ball at the 2 will allow her to score much more frequently.

the question to be asked, tho, is what will happen when Caroline comes out? will Brianna come in to play the 1? or will Bria slide over and be "forced" to be more of a play maker and facilitator rather than a scorer?

I see this years team a little differently.

(IMO, because of concerns about her knees, Caroline will probably see more time in the 2 spot than the 1 spot. IMO, the 2 spot is a lot less demanding physically than the 1 spot.)

Tiff will be the leading scorer from the 2 spot.

Bria will play at the 1 spot more than she will play the 2. She will also be the third leading scorer behind Steff or KML.

I suspect that most of us agree the KML will play the 3 spot. She will also be the second or third leading scorer.

Kelly will play the 4 spot. She will probably be the 4th/5th leading scorer. (Rarely will Kelly play the 3 spot, and almost never the 2 or 1 spots.)

Steff owns the 5 spots. She will be the 2nd or third leading scorer.

Heather will be first off the bench at the 5 spot.

MJ will be first off the bench at the 4 spot and 3rd of the bench at the 5 spot.

BB will come off the bench at the 1/2 spots.

Kiah will come off the bench, after MJ, at the 4/5 spots.

Lauren will come off the bench at the 2/3 spots. (Although, she could also do some good work at the 4 spot, if needed.)

Peace,

John Fryer

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Tiffany all the way. She will take more shots than any other player.

Reaction Score
I think Stef will be the leading scorer, but because of a lack of a superstar, we will see about 5/6 players average between 9-14ppg.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Why don't folks just take Geno at his word that if able Caroline will be starting at PG. He has already indicated this according to a report awhile ago. The issue is only her being prepared to go which has had a small setback this week. A setback that is not abnormal nor necessarily problematic according to my knee PT.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I have said all along that Doty will be the starting PG if she is ready to go. Not only does she have the leadership qualities and the experience but most important she has Auriemma in her corner.

I think we will see Hartley bringing the ball up court and Doty running the team in the half court.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I think too it depends on a healthy Caroline! She will be PG if she is healthy. I dont know about BB, but Geno did start her in Europe so he see's something in her. I dont recall knowing if she plays the point, but she did average 5 assists in HS so maybe the skill is there...i cant wait to see the new ones in action.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Tiff averaged 13.7 ppg last year, second on the team. Without Maya on the team, I think she gets at least 13 ppg. I think that will put her in the top 3 for sure.

ncw_u_hayes_300.jpg

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Why don't folks just take Geno at his word that if able Caroline will be starting at PG. He has already indicated this according to a report awhile ago. The issue is only her being prepared to go which has had a small setback this week. A setback that is not abnormal nor necessarily problematic according to my knee PT.
i'm not sure if it's because people have selective amnesia, didn't read the quotes, or simply don't agree. but you are correct, what he said.

he also said that it seemed logical that CD would start both halves given that she'd just finished warming up and given her injuries, it made sense to NOT let her body cool down by having her play from off the bench.

Bria may NOT end up being the leading scorer on the team, but the horde reporter's point was that IF Bria plays off the ball as a scoring guard, with her skills and myriad ways of scoring, she could easily end up being the high scorer at the end of the season. lots of wiggle room in that statement - "if" this, then "possibly" that...

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
I think Stef at first, but she will be challenged from the outset by Tiff, and much will depend on how TH can focus herself this year, not only for our team, but for her career as well. If Hartley has excuted the sophomore leap, she will be no. 2, right behind Stef, in the numbers at first, but only if she plays the 2. By the end of the season, if all goes well M-L will be playing the numbers game with the best of them on our team, and maybe even nationally, if the reports are accurate. Unless something else happens, it seems clear that CD will be the starting point, backed up by Banks (sorry too many Bria's etc. I'm going with last names this year). As I said, Hartley is our natural 2. Not much doubt in our minds about the 3 (M-L) the 4 (KF) and the 5 (SD). The fun will be watching who subs, and when, and watching the Wily Fox move his pieces around the board. Can't WAIT!!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
i'm not sure if it's because people have selective amnesia, didn't read the quotes, or simply don't agree. but you are correct, what he said.

he also said that it seemed logical that CD would start both halves given that she'd just finished warming up and given her injuries, it made sense to NOT let her body cool down by having her play from off the bench.

Exactly how I remember it, eric.

Reaction Score
Tiffany Hayes will probably average 14.5 PTs and the highest average. Bria 2 and then stef

Reaction Score
I guess it really depends on how much game time KML gets. KML is the best pure shooter on the team, and if she gets between 25 and 30 minutes she will score alot of points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom