Le Tour & Lance | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Le Tour & Lance

Reaction Score
I think it’s a better tour without Froome.

With Froome, this is Ineos towing him around France letting him pick and choose the two or three spots where he’d put the race to bed.

Without him, it’s still probably Ineos’ to lose, but at least it’s been entertaining.

I don’t think Alaphilippe can win - he’s been amazing, but he’s not the guy who is going to gain time in the long climbs this week and his team isn’t going to be of any use to him. If Thomas had Alaphilippe’s team, he’d be gone already.

If I’m ranking their odds right now...

1) Pinot
2) Thomas
3) Bernal
4) Alaphillipe
5) Kruijswijk.

I think the winner almost certainly comes from the top two. I would be surprised, but not shocked if Bernal won. I would put Alaphillipe and Kruijswijk in the very unlikely category and anyone else would be a complete shocker.
I agree. Landa and Valverde are 5 minutes back but only just over 3 minutes behind Pinot and Thomas. I think Landa could be in the hunt if things go right, he is always very tough on the hills. He was a big aid to Froome and I was glad to see him move to Movistar. He is due.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm missing this last week and this is the most I've been into watching the races probably ever. I am all-in on Aliphillpe. He was supposed to be all through over a week ago. I know he probably won't win but he's giving me a rooting interest. And that makes any sport better.

Reaction Score
As they say, anything can happen. Pinot has to abandon. Bernal makes his move at just the right moment to take yellow. They go from extreme heat to hail storms. So heading into Saturday, who is your pick? Bernal sure looked strong and like most sports, it's a young man's game. But G is right there. Good times.

Reaction Score
Young, as in Bernal being the youngest rider in this race. 20th stage Sat cut from 130km to about 60km pretty much all uphill puts him in good position to win absent a crash, injury, malfunction, etc.

Reaction Score
Colombians are really into the tour the past two years because they have been doing so well as of late, last year someone from Colombia did very well and this year won it. I see a lot of posters and ads of Egan Bernal all over.

In fact I saw some of the places he used to train in years past, my goodness there are some crazy hills! Plus the altitude, over 3000 meters where he is from, helps a lot for sure. Surprised more people from really high altitudes don't win it more often.

Reaction Score
Chris Froome and Geraint Thomas are both spectators for 2020. That's gotta be a shocker.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Left off by their team! My brother said he's looked crappy lately.

Reaction Score
Left off by their team! My brother said he's looked crappy lately.
Chris Froome? Is your brother in the business or just a spectator? I really only watch Le Tour but Froome looked like a lock for 1 or 2 more jerseys.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Chris Froome? Is your brother in the business or just a spectator? I really only watch Le Tour but Froome looked like a lock for 1 or 2 more jerseys.
He's a spectator but a very avid one. His exact words were "in poor form" perhaps from lingering effects of an earlier crash.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom