LB to Transfer from UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

LB to Transfer from UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For those who tweet - ToS reporting Opuku saying rumor is false and he is a Husky.

Reaction Score
this conversation makes me feel awkward. Like BizLaw said, I thought we outlawed this type of speculation about players.........

Yes, but when media outlets, including UConn's primary beat writer, report this then it's fair game to discuss.

FWIW, I have no idea what's true and what's not true. But I don't think the Courant would run with something they got from a Rivals article. I hope not at least. We'll see how this plays out.

Reaction Score
But I don't think the Courant would run with something they got from a Rivals article. I hope not at least. We'll see how this plays out.

i think you're giving them too much credit. i constantly find myself rolling my eyes lately because it's becoming pretty common for "legitimate news sources" quoting blogs and tweets. unfortunately i think we've hit the tipping point where speed of news is much more important than reliability and good writing.

Reaction Score
Yes, but when media outlets, including UConn's primary beat writer, report this then it's fair game to discuss.

FWIW, I have no idea what's true and what's not true. But I don't think the Courant would run with something they got from a Rivals article. I hope not at least. We'll see how this plays out.

i suppose you are right. if it is out there, it's out there.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Somebody twit, tweet,...whatever it is....to the Opoku kid to stop reading the internet and make sure he's hitting the books to pass all his final exams, and the rest of them too.
If you tell your kids to stop hitting the tweets ands and hit the books instead then you'll be killing two birds with one stone in terms of lessons on how to not be distracted in college.

Reaction Score
I'd trust Dez because he wants to get the story correct first before rushing a story without checking in to it. If you don't believe me check last yr the whole BC coaching emailing Nebrich.

Reaction Score
If you tell your kids to stop hitting the tweets ands and hit the books instead then you'll be killing two birds with one stone in terms of lessons on how to not be distracted in college.

Allright, now how do I put this cleanly? If it wasn't for the success found in the ability to attract female 'study' partners , I don't think I would have ever picked up a book and graduated and I certainly wouldn't have met my wife. Lots of interesting women in the library, and lots of interesting and fun social studies, anatomy and physiology reviews happened in that plastic bag coated building, espeically during exam weeks. None of it happens though, if I didn't get the work done in the books first! ;)

Reaction Score

lmao

Reaction Score
Seems like the Courant and UConnreport have more cred than Mr. Opoku himself on this one. Sorry Opoku, you are wrong, you are transferring. Just wait until the news is verified.

Isn't the dialogue from Monty Python something like this:

"I'm not dead yet."

"He says he's not dead."

"Yes he is."

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Why are people still saying Opoku when his tweet says he's not transferring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
I'd trust Dez because he wants to get the story correct first before rushing a story without checking in to it. If you don't believe me check last yr the whole BC coaching emailing Nebrich.

Whipple

Reaction Score
Des Connor report Opoku transferring because he does not enjoy playing for head coach Mark Whipple.

Wait, I think I'm confusing different stories that Des reported wrong.

Oops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox