Ashiru
Donohue
Vann
Steg
Hicks
Stephens
Jasudowich
Joesph

What say you? Who starts? Who is 2 deep? Do we have a breakout player? Is the cast good enough to support Smallwood vs what we had last year?

Reaction Score
DE - Joseph
DE - Norris
DT - Stephen
DT - Campenni
MLB - Smallwood
OLB - Ashiru
OLB - Stewart
CB - Jones
CB - Mack
S - Adams
S - Brown

Reaction Score
DE- Joseph/Louis
DE- Willman/Norris
DT-Stephen/McBryde
DT-Myers/Campenni
MLB-Smallwood/Donohue
OLB-Stewart/Steg
OLB-Ashiru/Vann
CB-Jones/Stevenson
CB-Williams/Mack
S-Adams/Floyd
S-Brown/Lee

(Would not be surprised if Jhavon Williams gets the start) A lot of good things mentioned about him during spring, talking about pushing Mack for the starting spot. Mack still has a lot to prove on defense, but has proved himself on special teams, so we shall see.

Reaction Score
Agreed on Mack/Williams. Mack is no sure thing to start. I also think were going to see quite a few bodies rotating in on the Defensive line.

Reaction Score
DE - Joseph
DE - Norris
DT - Stephen
DT - Campenni
MLB - Smallwood
OLB - Ashiru
OLB - Stewart
CB - Jones
CB - Mack
S - Adams
S - Brown

I think Pruitt trumps Campenni to start the season in our front four...but Campenni, along Willman, will get plenty of run in the rotation... I'm also looking forward to seeing Mikal Myers in the rotation...
You are spot on at LB... It'll be interesting to see which back ups will contribute as well, other than Vann
The DBs, as it stands look legit, but Mack's size at CB could be a concern, so having one our pups like Jhavon Williams or Ellis Marder step up would be a plus.. no disrespect to Stevenson, but he's in the same boat as Clark, a bit on the diminutive side...

Our D looks to be legit again gents... I just hope our O can make some strides as well...

Reaction Score
Don't forget about Obi Melifonwu. I think he will make strides in the fall camp and push for playing time too. Coach Perkins has a good problem on his hands, lots of competition at both safety positions. I also like Marder at the corner position and Battles-Santos at the DE position.

Does anyone think Javon Hadley, incoming FL CB, could see playing time? It seems like he could use a redshirt, but he would be a great scout team player and have a chance to start the following year, 2014.

Reaction Score
LOL... We break HFD chops unmercifully about his reading comprehension and left turns off the original topic of a thread and look what happens in one of the normal threads he starts!

Reaction Score
Don't forget about Obi Melifonwu. I think he will make strides in the fall camp and push for playing time too. Coach Perkins has a good problem on his hands, lots of competition at both safety positions. I also like Marder at the corner position and Battles-Santos at the DE position.

Does anyone think Javon Hadley, incoming FL CB, could see playing time? It seems like he could use a redshirt, but he would be a great scout team player and have a chance to start the following year, 2014.

Can't forget Obi One... (use the force Luke)... as for Hadley, it would be nice, but the way our team's constructed, since we're so much stronger on the defensive side of the football, I see him redshirting with a legit shot at starting as a redshirt frosh... The majority of kids we recruit are upside kids... Not the instant impact kind anyways... I'd rather see him take a year to better prepare himself for his college football career.

Reaction Score
Just my guess......

DE- Joseph/Frank/Battles-Santos
DE- Norris/Willman
DT- Stephen/McBryde
DT- Pruitt/Myers/Campenni
MLB- Smallwood/Donohue
OLB- Stewart/Steg
OLB- Ashiru/Vann
CB- Jones/Hadley
CB- Mack/Williams
S- Adams/Floyd
S- Brown/Melifonwu

I think Rueben Frank could see some time in the DL rotation this year despite the very recent switch and learning curve which I'm excited to see how he looks there.

I hope Norris is the stud he seemed like he could be after last year and I hope he is ready to take hold of the starting spot opposite Jesse. If not Willman will be solid, not spectacular or flashy but he will handle his own. I love really great HS wrestlers so I gotta believe that BBS is going to be a solid player too, kid was a phenomenal HS wrestler.

I'm actually loving the competition for the other DT spot next to Shamar. I think there is many different styles and looks that we can throw at teams. I like Pruitt for now with experience, but Campenni has shown flashes of great run stuffing ability with a low center of gravity. I also like what I've heard about Myers' potential. Among all though if we could get the 6'9 Andreas the Giant to understand scheme, techniques and leverage I think his natural gifts could be a huge asset for us and I hope he develops to the point where we can use him ASAP.

With the LB's the talent and athleticism is there, its just all how well they can mesh and play cohesively. Knowing their plays, holes and gaps to cover will allow them to play instinctive, and then they can play with all that talent and athleticism. Some good depth at the LB position.

With the DB's I think Byron Jones is a lock and going to be a very good CB this year and a great one next year after a full year of playing that position. I give the nod to Mack based on experience but hope either Jhavon beats him out with great play or that Mack has decided he really wants to make something of himself during his SR year. If he can't or Jhavon isn't ready I say we attempt to get either Obi or Lee in the rotation of DB's. Most likely having to move Brown or Adams outside to make room for the bigger Safeties. I say that because I'm not sold on Stevenson or Clark at this point. Haven't heard much about Marder yet either. Maybe Hadley really shows out in camp and was a steal of a sleeper, I know he had bigger programs coming at him late so who knows. But a true Fr. CB would scare me out there.

Reaction Score
Just my guess......

DE- Joseph/Frank
DE- Willman/McBryde
DT- Stephen/Myers
DT- Campenni/Pruitt
OLB- Ashiru/Stewart

MLB- Smallwood/Donohue

OLB- Vann/Steg
CB- Jones/Stevenson
CB- Mack/Williams
S- Adams/Lee
S- Brown/Melifonwu

Reaction Score
I have said this for awhile. This could be better than last year. Unbelievably deep. Legit starters everywhere. Great competition this year. When a kid like Stewart may be a back up, you know that you have something.

Bring it on.

The Oline has to make some improvement as does Whitmr. Could be a nice year.

Reaction Score
Did Stewart ever end up getting any playing time in Florida?

Yup - True Frosh

2011: Appeared in 12 games (all but Alabama), playing on special teams…Played on the kickoff, kickoff return and punt block units…Made his first career tackle and returned a blocked punt 14 yards for a touchdown against Ohio State in the Gator Bowl.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Seems like most here have the lb corp in the order I do with maybe 1 swap in it. I think hicks can break thru on the 2 deep possibly. Overall I love the 2 deep this year on d. I mean we have promising athletes like obi, vann and Norris among others just dueling to get on the field to make some pain. I really like where the d sits. Maybe we don't have as many stud players as last year but we are deeper. I am very confident in the lb corp and the do as long as we don't have the injury bug.

As for dbs I am somewhat worried. I think they can be average to breakout p,ayers for us. Average e with what we have at lb and do may be plenty good. But I worry about how raw we are I guess. Especially with the games we have in the first half of the schedule.

Hadley- red shirt IMHO.

Norris and md ride I feel are going to get plenty of time each. If frank can make the 2 deep or compete then the do may be very deep which helps considering the injury issue we have last year. Makes me not worry that much.

When I look at the depth it makes me dream of having the same on the OL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom